39

Khloe

Charlie and I walked over to the others just as they were debating who should be captain. Jake looked down at the pair of us and flashed a smile at the way that Charlie had one arm around me.

"I want to be captain." Tommy said to all of them as Dean, Chase and Elliott were debating who should be it.

Jake smirked and turned to the others. "I think Khloe and Charlie should be captains." He said. "Twin against twin." He laughed.

Charlie smirked, "If that's the case then Jake and Chase should be on opposite teams too."

I smiled, liking the idea. "Fine, but you know you're going to lose, Charlie." I grinned.

"Wanna bet?"

"Yes." I said. "Ten dollars on me team winning. And i pick Jake to be the other twin on my team." I said, flashing a smile at Jake.

Chase raised his eyebrows for a moment, almost surprised at my choice. We all know that Chase is better at football than Jake, but I'd had enough of Chase for one day. And chase had never been my favourite brother, Jake has from time to time.

"Good, i get the captain of the school's football team, then." charlie said to me. "Get ready to lose, sis."

I scoffed. "That's not going to happen as i pick Elliott. The coach. You've got nothing on us, moron."

Charlie stuck his tongue out at me and then told Dean he was on his team and i was slightly relieved. i hadn't spoken to Dean since our moment in the car and there was no way in hell i would have picked him to be on my team, even if he was the better player. However, if i had gotten to pick out of the remaining two -- tommy and Dean -- my brothers may have questioned why i had picked tommy and it would have drawn attention to the fact that me and dean had, had an argument.

"Who gets me, then?" Tommy asked, miserably. "It's an odd number."

Charlie smirked at me. "Khloe can have you. Someone's got to carry her team when she slacks.  We're that good. We don't need an extra teammate."

"Hey! Neither do we!" I said.

Tommy furrowed his eyebrows. "So who's team?"

Almost instantly, Charlie and I turned to look at Elliott for the answer.

Elliott thought for a moment. "Tommy can be on our team, it's only fair seeing as though we're the only team with a player that's not on the school's football team or coaches it."

"That doesn't mean i can't play!" I argued, irritated.

"No, but it means you don't get as much practise  as the rest of it, khlo. You've got to see the reasoning." Elliott said to me. I could tell he was trying not to make me lose confidence, but it was still irritating.

"Fine, Tommy, you're with me." I said and Tommy flashed me a grin before stalking over to us like we should be glad to have him.

The two teams then split off to talk stratergy.

"What's the plan, captain?" Elliott said, smirking at me.

it was the first time i had ever been allowed to be captain, i had no idea.

"Grab the ball when you can?" I suggested.

"Not to sound harsh, but that's crap." Tommy said. "We should try and make sure Chase doesn't get the ball. Elliott -- you're our best player. You can be in charge of that."

Elliott nodded, "Fair enough."

"Hey! I should be telling him what to do, not you!" I argued, annoyed that Tommy was taking over my responsbility.