Prologue

Hello!! So I've made a few changes just to make the storyline clearer and work more efficiently. I hope you like the new updates and additions to the story!

                          Prologue

I entered my house after being at my best friend Addison's house for a sleepover.

It was deadly quiet for a house that is usually filled with people. All the lights were off. There wasn't a single sound. Absolutely nothing.

I switched on the light switch in the hallway and proceeded to take my shoes off. It was chucking it down outside and they were making that awful sound that shoes make when they are wet. Gross.

"Khloe?" I heard a familiar voice call. I looked up to see my older brother Jake coming down the stairs.

"What?" I asked, confused at the fact that he was even acknowledging my arrival.

Usually when I came home I'd just go upstairs and ignore whatever family member was around me. But, this was different. I knew he had a reason for wanting to talk to me.

"Family meeting in the living room." He told me and I watched him as he headed Into the lounge.

Jake didn't wait for me or hold the doors open. No, he just expected me to follow.

And for once, Khloe Lakewood did as her told.

The familiar feeling of extreme hostility in my household told me that it was best that I joined the family meeting - even if I felt like I wasn't part of their family.

When I entered the living room, I saw my whole family before me. My older brothers were crowded around the living room.

Jake had sat next to his twin, Chase and I couldn't help, but notice their death glares. Chase and me never had the best relationship. It always felt like my existence was an inconvenience to him, but Jake generally was a sweet person. I guess Chase had rubbed off on him because these days Jake seemed to share chases opinion of me.

I was a pest.

My other brothers Elliott, Charlie and Tommy were sat together on the other sofa. Meanwhile, my Dad stood side by side Dean who was the second oldest.

Nobody was happy to see me. They all looked up when I walked in with my hair dripping from the rain outside, but they didn't show project a friendly smile in my direction. I was just noticed.

"Sit down Khloe." My Dad told me as I looked to him for an explanation. The coldness of his voice sent a tingle down my spine.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat on the nearest sofa.

"Why don't you tell me." My father began. "You could start by telling me where you've been?"

"Maddie's, I told you yesterday." I said like it was obvious, which it sort of was. was always at Addison's. She was my best friend.

"And what were you doing at Addison's?" My brother Dean asked, raising an eyebrow at me,

He knew.

"Sleeping? Watching movies? Gossiping?" I responded.

"Really, Khloe? Are you really going to lie to me?" My father asked.

I suddenly felt guilty. He didn't even know the half of it.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You were at a party last night." My father continued, "I don't remember agreeing to let you go to a party."

"You didn't." I said, "but i didn't go to a party..."

"Stop lying Khloe!" Dean growled at me. I scowled at him.

"That's not what Tommy and Dean tell me, young lady. It's one thing to disobey
me, but it's another to lie about it."

"Fine. I was at a party. But what difference does it make? Every sixteen year old goes to parties!"

"Well you can't be trusted at them."
Tommy muttered.

Shit.

"What you talking about?" I asked, pretending I didn't already know.

"Well Khloe, why don't you tell us?" My Dad questioned.

"Umm... I'm not sure."

"I think you are." Dean said, narrowing his eyes at me.

They both knew? Did they all know?

"From what your brothers tell me, you were drinking alcohol at a seniors party."

"That's all?" I asked, almost wanting to laugh.

"Isn't that enough? Your sixteen! Your too young to be drinking and getting drunk at parties!" My father shouted.

"Oh please, Dad! All of them did it when they were my age! And still are doing it!"

"Well Khloe, they are more responsible and you've never shown me that you are a responsible girl!"

"Don't hide behind that line of reasoning!
It's because I'm a girl and they are boys!"

"Here we go." Chase muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Well Khloe. They can look after themselves and it appears that you cannot. And because you are a girl, you are far more vulnerable!"

"Oh so because I'm a girl I'm this little kid that needs her hand to be held all the goddamn time?"

"No..." my dad said, I knew what he wanted to say, but he couldn't.

"Look Khloe, girls are taken advantage
of at parties. All the time. Who says your immune from that?" Elliott butted in.

"That's never gonna happen to me."

"That's what everyone says." Charlie muttered.

"For fucks sake, Khloe do you want to get fucking raped?" Dean growled.

Everyone was silent.

"Right," my dad began. "I've made a decision. I think your friends are a bad influence on you. I'm sick of the drinking and the parties I don't know about. I'm taking you out of your high school and putting you and Charlie into the same one as your older brothers. You are not to have any contact with your old friends and my decision is final." He told me.

Well, I didn't expect that to happen...