51

There was no que to the bathroom this time. I went straight inside and finally peed. When I was done I rummaged around in the cabinet until I found one of my old lipsticks I hadn't worn in while. I found it behind one of my brothers cologne and an empty toothpaste box.

I looked in the mirror to see the lipstick I put on before the party had already come off. I put the one from the cabinet on and looked at the result in the mirror. It had been so long since I had worn it, but it looked just how it used to. It looked like the old Khloe. I smiled, it helped my feel more like myself.

I picked up my plastic cup and downed the rest of pretty full cup for dutch courage or in my case right Now Dutch confidence, before checking my outfit again.

I was gonna go back out of the room, but my skirt was all twisted. I glanced at my body, my mind focusing in on it as the music disappeared from my attention span. I smiled at myself and rolled my eyes like I was performing for someone then I embraced the merriness of the alchohol and smiled to myself in the mirror.

"You got this Khloe." I said, looking into my eyes. They were white and clear, making me feel lighter. "You're getting there."

I winked at myself in the mirror and turned to the door, letting myself out of the room and heading downstairs, past all the drunken strangers.

"You look happier." Tommy commented as I passed him and his friend.

I smiled. "Why wouldn't I be happy?" I said and turned to his friend. "I'm sorry I don't think we've met. I'm Khloe."

"Yeah, I know who you are... I'm will?" He said.

I froze. Shit. I did no know this boy.

"Oh, my bad. Sorry I didn't recognise you!" I said, looking at him properly. It was our neighbour. "How are you?"

"Good." Will smiled at me.

Tommy looked at me cautiously. "How much have you had to drink?"

"Just the one. I'm taking it slow, don't worry."

"You had the So called Lakewood special?" Will smirked at me. "That stuffs deadly."

"So I'm hearing. It's my first time trying the stuff."

Will looked surprised. "Really?"

My eyes widened. That did look weird. My family probably looked so close to outsiders. We probably looked amazing.

"Yeah, well Khloe's younger than the rest of us and hasn't really bin here for the parties we've thrown." Tommy said, trying to explain, but his excuse had flaws. Anyone questioning it or thinking about it would put two and two together and realise I'm the same age as Charlie and I have an established reputation for loving a good party, also for being quite the light weight and never a wuss. What can I say? I've always been the life of the party. It's a bit weird I wouldn't have wanted to come to my brothers parties or tried their drink unless there was a reason. Unless my family didn't trust me or saw me as a liability or didn't like me.

"Wait weren't you at the New Years party you guys had like a year or so ago?"

I froze. New Years? I swear I wasn't here for that.

"Sorry what?" I said, confused. "I've never had been here when they've had a party or at least I was upstairs."

Will looked confused. "You were. I remember talking to you. You were talking shit, but you were here."

I laughed. "Well, talking shit is something I excel in." I smiled. "Isn't that right, Tommy."

Tommy looked at me suspiciously and I smiled at him knowingly. It was amazing how quickly I could make my brother uncomfortable or suspicious of me. I'd dangle something they don't know or something that sounds intriguing, when really it's probably
Me talking shit.

"It's weird, actually. You were pretty drunk." He said, like he was just recalling the night. "I bumped into you on the stairs and you looked so out of it i had to tell you to sit down so you wouldn't trip over your own feet and fall down the stairs or something." Will said, like this was an old funny story that we shared. A funny embarrassing past memory shared between old friends.

"I was drunk at one of their parties?" I said, confused.

Will shook his head. "No, I sat down and chatted with you for a bit, to make sure you were okay. You started talking about some guy you were going out with and you'd been drinking at a friends house or something."

"So why'd I come home?"
I said.

Will shrugged. "I don't know.
Maybe you forgot something. You kept mumbling you had another party to go to and didn't want to be here."

"Another party — yeah I remember that party. I just don't remember coming home."

"Well yeah, I saw you here."
Will affirmed.

"Why'd you go to a party if you were that drunk?" Tommy asked
Me.

I shrugged. "Your girl likes her parties."

Tommy looked at me unimpressed.

"I tried to stop her from going." He said. "I told you, you should go to bed, but when I went to get you some water and came back you were gone."Will said.

"Classic Khloe, doesn't listen to anyone." Tommy muttered, shaking his head.

"It was a good party. You missed out." Will said.

I faked a smile. "I'm sure it was.
Such a shame I had plans."

I should have said such a shame I had better plans.

Will smiled and then excused himself, leaving just me and Tommy again. Tommy glared at me.

"You did that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know what I did."

Tommy looked irritated. "That's so bad Khloe. Do you not remember anything?"

I shrugged. "Probably didn't need to." I replied, looking around already bored of my only company being my brother. I sighed and looked at him. "Look Tommy, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. And I know we've tried to get on more lately. But I just need to say, that we can try and get on, but part of you doing that is going to lead to you finding out things you don't want to know or hear. You didn't know me then."

"Khloe, we may not have gotten on and maybe we still don't always, but I've always known you. I'm your brother, I can't not know you." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh please Tommy, there's more to a person than what they don't like on their salad or what tv show they were obsessed with when they were a kid or even whether it's me or Charlie in the baby picture."

Tommy looked hurt, like he wasn't expecting me to say that.

I sighed. "You may know those things about me, but you don't know where I'd spend every Friday night or be after school, my friends from my old school, the films I'd be wanting to see" I paused. "You know all the things you should know as my brother, but you don't know the things about me that enable you to know me as a person, as someone who's not just your little sister, but as someone who had a whole life you had no idea about."

Tommy looked taken back.

I sighed. "I need another drink." I said and glanced around the room. "The people here really aren't my crowd. Do you think the others will mind if I invite my friends after all?"

Tommy shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck, awkardly. He looked at me like he was done taking with me for the night like he'd had enough of me. "It's your party too, Khloe. Your call."

"Great. I'll see if my friends are up for it." I smiled and took my phone out, texting my friends to come.

**********

Omgg guess what you guys got a double update (as I know you've figured out aha) but yeah I finished this too so hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and comment and follow me if you want more older brothers chapters!

What do you think to the chapter?
Thankx for reading xox