Chapter Twenty-one - A new kind of enemy

Hope you like :) please don't kill me.

Jake's P.O.V.

Tuesday morning is exactly what I hate. It's just as bad as Monday. I rolled over in bed and looked at my alarm clock. It was 7:30. I groaned and grabbed my phone and looked at my notifications. Then I looked over at Chase, who was sat up in his bed also sat on his bed.

"Fancy skipping today?" He suggested when he noticed I was awake.

"Don't you think there's enough going on right now? I mean, how long's it gonna be till Elliott find out about everything's that happened? The principal's already called him about yesterday. Thank god he didn't find out about the party, but still, Maybe we should lay low." I said.

When we got home from school yesterday, we Elliott confronted us about what happened at lunch. Khloe was sent straight to her room, but Elliott sort of let me and Chase off the hook. In fact, he was pleased that we intervened.

"Who cares?" Chase said. "It's nothing to do with us, really. It's Dean and Khloe's problem."

"Yeah, But we should be considerate."

"Consideration is for bitches," he informed me, climbing out of bed.

"Everything's a bit off right now, bro. We should let the dust settle."

"I do what I want. I've actually been thinking about telling Elliott about everything that has happened."

"What?!" I almost shouted.

"I just think Khloe needs to get what's coming to her." Chase told me.

"By doing so, you'd be dragging Dean under the bus with her and maybe even us. We saw her at the party and let her go back to her friends. Plus, we don't snitch on each other."

"Maybe we don't snitch on each other, but I'd quite happily get her back for all the times she snitched on us."

"Okay, well if you were to snitch on her - don't you think she'd snitch on you too? Don't you remember the tree house incident? Elliott still doesn't know."

"What's worse, us locking her in a tree house that's safely inside the walls of our property, or Khloe sneaking out to a party, getting absolutely smashed and we find her throwing up in the bathroom?"

"What Khloe did. Obviously, but let's not go there."

"Why not? She deserves it. Imagine all the times Charlie had to help her out of the shit she got herself into? Now look at them, she's driven him away and the two of them aren't even speaking. Did you see the way he was with her on Sunday?"

"That will pass." I responded. "Just don't do anything, Chase."

"Fine." He muttered. "But I'm so done with her."

"Me too, bro. But there's no need to make things worse." I said.

Chase stood up, dressed, and left the room. I let out a sigh of relief as I think I was able to calm him down?

I got dressed myself and then followed in my brothers footsteps and headed downstairs. Chase was stood in the kitchen talking to Elliott and Charlie and Tommy were sat at the kitchen table. I went and sat down with them.

"How are you two?" I asked, smiling.

"What do you want?" Tommy groaned as he shoved a mouthful of cereal in his mouth. He was disgusting.

"Just checking on my two favourite little brothers." I said.

"You're so full of it." Tommy said, rolling his eyes.