Chapter Thirteen - Charlie's New Friends

"Khloe, meet me back here after school. You're getting a lift back with me." Dean told me as I got out of his car with Charlie
I nodded and me and Charlie walked away from the rest of our brothers.

I had been a little bit distant since the tree house incident. I was also a little bit scared. That thing could have fallen down with me inside of it and yet I was still inside of it.

"How you holding up?" Charlie asked me and I shrugged.

"I'm just keeping my head down." I replied. Truth be told, I wanted to distance myself from my brothers. They were suffocating and scary. They were on my last nerve and I wanted space.

"Charles!" Someone shouted from down the hall as we entered the school.

Charlie brought me towards the voice. It belonged to Logan Reynolds.

"Hey." Charlie greeted.

"Who's this?" Logan asked, looking towards me.

"Oh sorry, this is my sister Khloe." Charlie responded.

"Hey." I said.

"Didn't know has a sister, just thought you had loads of brothers." Logan shrugged.

"I'll see you around Khlo, we're meeting some friends." Charlie said to me and the two of them walked away.

I headed to my locker and found that it was just me. I couldn't see Alex anywhere. I got my books out and headed to class.

When I entered the English class, I saw Mr Henry writing on the board. He smiled at me as I came in and took my usual seat. I was sat next to Alex and a girl called Taylor.  She seemed nice enough.

"Hey." I smiled.
"Hey!" She said, "it's Khloe, Right?" She asked me.
"Yes." I smiled.
"Where did you move here from?" Taylor asked me.
"I'm from here originally, just moved from the other school." I explained.
"Nice. Your Charlie's sister right? I met him yesterday. He's really sweet."
"Yes I am." I smiled, "yeah Charlie can be a sweetheart." I smiled.

"Right class lets begin." The teacher said interrupting our conversation.

The rest of the lesson went by quite fast and I felt like I'd forgotten about everything that happened. By the time lunch came, I had found Alex. It turned out she had slept through her alarm and missed first period. Then me and Alex went with Taylor for lunch.

"Max, this is Khloe and Alex." Taylor smiled to her friend.
"All right?" He replied in a friendly way.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"So how you finding this school so far?" Max asked. "Lame isn't it?" He smirked.

"It's alright. Just like any other school I suppose." I shrugged.

"Yeah it's pretty dull." Taylor agreed. "Anyway, have you heard about Austin Baker's party this Friday?"

"He's a senior." Commented Alex.

"And a jerk." Max laughed. I think I loved these people!

"Well, he invited me the other day. And said I can bring whoever I want. So what do you guys say? It will be a great way for you to meet more people as well, Khloe!" Taylor said excitedly.

"I'm not sure, it may be a bit weird me going to my brothers friends party." I replied.

"Or it's could be a laugh?" Max said.