Ch.9: Preparations.

Song: Grind Me Down - Liliannna Wilde.

Toshizou, Souji and Jiro waited outside her office as shouts could be heard from inside. Her grandmother didn’t take the news about the war very lightly.

“They have been there for a while now” Souji looks at his watch with the same smile.

“Natsume-sama doesn’t like having her only grandchild on the middle of the storm” Toshizou says.

“My mother is the only person that could keep my father and my brother on the line” Jiro chuckles “They were scared to piss her off like this… However, ever since (Y/n) was a child, she always had a little problem with authority. If someone has to lead us on this war I bet that (Y/n) is the best one of our clan”

In the office, (Y/n) was sitting down on her chair while looking at her grandmother shouting at her.

“A war!?” she glares at her “What would happen to this clan if you die!?”

“Uncle Jiro is the next on line”

“He can barely get a hold of his life and you expect him to guide a clan!”

“Obaa-sama” she sighs “I understand your concern but I need you to trust me on this one”

Her grandmother looks at her and sighs “My sweet child, I need to be assured that you have this all under control”

“I do” she smiles at her “I didn’t start this war but I’ll finish it”

Her grandmother smiles at her and nods “Alright, my child” she goes around her desk and kisses her forehead “I love you”

“I love you too”

Natsume looks at her granddaughter one last time before exiting her office. Once outside, she sees the three men standing in the hallway, sighing, she walks closer to Toshizou.

“Promise me that you’ll keep her safe” she looks at his eyes.

“Natsume-sama, I’m willing to kill and die for her” he places a hand over his heart and bows a little “I’m going to do everything on my will to keep her safe and sound”

The old woman nods “I’m glad to hear that”

Jiro walks closer to his mother “Mother… about the thing you said about me inside…”

“It’s true and you can’t deny it” the woman frowns and hits him with her little fan on the head walking away.

“Okay, I just wanted to confirm it” he rubs the place on the head.

Then they enter into her office closing the door behind them.

“So, boss” Souji sits down on one of the couches “What’s the plan?”

“I’m curious as well” Jiro sits on the chair in front of her desk.

Toshizou walks behind the desk standing behind her.

“First I need to know which clans are on our side and the ones that will go against us”

“I can arrange that” Souji smiles at her.

“And then?” Jiro looks at her.

“We wait… Yukimura’s clan shouldn’t be underestimated so we are going to take down every ally that they have first… escalating our clan to the top”

“Mortal Kombat style” Souji grins.

“You could say so” she smiles at him.

“Are we going to wait for them to attack us?” Jiro raises an eyebrow.