Ch.5: A Loyal Bodyguard.

Song: Hey Boy in the Pines - Dark Country 5.

It’s been a month since her father passed away and she had to take over the business. She had been working non-stop with the paperwork, the calls, the deals and the orders she had to give to the others clan members. Her stress levels were over the roof but she didn’t stop working.

On the bright side, her grandmother stopped insisting with the wedding topic for now, since she could barely see her.

Hearing a gentle knock on her office’s door, she looks up from her papers and then she looks down at her papers again.

“Come in”

Sliding the door open, Toshizou enters the office with a little tray with tea and sweet treats.

“(Y/n)-sama” he leaves the tray on the side of the desk “I think you should take a break”

She sighs putting the pen down “Toshizou, you are free to call me just (Y/n) when it just the two of us”

He nods and looks at her.

“I understand… (Y/n)”

She smiles gently at him and then sighs massaging her shoulder.

“I think I might be feeling a lot of stress lately”

“Well, you were working a lot lately” he walks behind her taking off a little the sleeves of her kimono and placing his hands on her shoulders to massage her.

She closes her eyes and sighs with relief as he puts a little pressure on her.

The door opens again as Souji enters the office.

“Hi, I got the information that you asked for” he closes the door behind him and walks to the desk leaving a folder on top of it.

“Yamato, you have knock before entering in here” Toshizou glares at the man.

Souji laughs “Am I interrupting something?” he sits on the chair in front of the desk.

The woman opens her eyes to look at the man in front of them “At least you don’t use the window anymore”

“Well, it is hard to get over the situation where Toshi almost put a hole on my head the last time I entered through the window” he doesn’t stop smiling.

The woman smiles a little “You had it coming”

Souji laughs “So, are you having a lot of stress, boss?”

The woman closes her eyes and nods.

“Well. Do you know that sex is the best way to deal with stress?”

Toshizou rolls his eyes as Souji looks up at him with a cheshire smile. She had her eyes closed so she couldn’t see the exchange between the two men.

“Sex?” she asks.

“Yep” he pops the p “You could have one night stand tonight with someone close to you and all your stress would dissapear”

Toshizou frowns. Yes, he would kill to have a chance to make her his for one night but he wasn’t fan of being only one night stand. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life.

“Someone close to me…” she repeats “Someone like Hiro?”

“Exactly, someone like To— Wait, what?” he looks at the woman and then back at the man behind her. If looks could kill, Souji would be dead.

Toshizou didn’t blame her for being oblivious at Souji’s intentions but he blame him for bringing up such a stupid topic at a moment like this.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk to the boss like that, Yamato. You should watch your manners”

Souji smiles and stands up “I’m just worried for the boss”

Toshizou was about to keep reprimanding his friend but he interrupts him.

“Anyways~ About the information that you asked for” he leans closer “I found out who was the motherfucker that were stealing our ‘merchandise’ on the south”

(Y/n) gently pats the hands on her shoulders as Toshizou accommodates her sleeves up again and takes a step back from her. She opens her eyes.

“Continue”

Souji had a sadistic smile on his lips “It was some ritual of one street gang with the newbies, if you want to go and reminder that we aren’t someone to fuck with, I will gladly—”

“No” she stands up “Toshizou and I would take care of this”

Souji pouts “But boss…”

“You are dismissed, please take the rest of the day off”

Toshizou smirks as Souji groans and bows.

“Yes, (Y/n)-sama” he then exits the office.

(Y/n) sighs and looks at the bodyguard next to her.

“See you in five minutes, you should get ready”

Toshizou holds her hand and kisses the top of it “Yes, (Y/n)-sama”

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

A group of men were celebrating the new members of the gang, they had a long table filled with weapons that didn’t belonged to them.

“This is the best loot that I’ve ever seen in my lile” one of them congratulates the young men.

“Indeed, you did a great job. I need to know where did you get them”

“It was quite easy actually, after a little bit of investigation we found an container on a home scrap filled with these” one of them grabs one weapon “We took as many as we could”

The men laugh and one of them clears his throat.

“A home scrap?” he seems a little bothered “It was a home scrap on the south of the city?”

“Oh, yeah ‘Kato & Son’” he responds.

The man freezes for a second “What have you done?” he mutters.

Suddenly, they hear from outside the room the sound of many guns shooting.

The men inside of the room grab their gun and point at the door. They didn’t know what was happening but it wasn’t something good.

Slowly, the gunshots were quieted down until there was only silence.

The door slowly opens revealing two figures in front of it. A woman with a bored expression on her face that held a bloody katana on her hands and a man behind her with a gun on each hand.

Most of them recognized them immediately and when one of them was about to shoot, Toshizou raises his gun and shoots at him on his head.

The woman sighs and walks closer to them as the trembling men back away from her.

“I would like to assume that you didn’t knew that this ‘loot’ belongs to me and that you didn’t want to mess with a Yakuza, right?”

“Y-Yes, it was a mistake” one of them responds.

One of the new members was confused, he didn’t know what type of danger he was in.

“Oh, fuck off. We got it fair and square”

She raises an eyebrow “Then I guess that I’ll retrieve it fair and square”

“W-Wait, please—”

The woman makes a quick movement with her katana cutting the head off the young member.

The ones that were closer to her tried to run away but she was faster than them, Toshizou put down those whose she couldn’t reach with his gun.

They didn’t have a chance against them.

The leader of the now dead gang was kneeling down in front of her with trembling lips and tears on his eyes.

“T-They didn’t know… please s-spare—”
But the woman stabbed her katana on his head.

Toshizou walks towards her, the cold blooded murderer that was standing in the middle of the corpses with her bloody katana and her dark kimono that didn’t have any drop of blood on it.

She was flawless.

He makes a quick movement and pushes her against the wall hovering over her.
The cold look on her eyes vanishes as she stares at the man in front of her.

Toshizou smiles as he caresses her cheek and stares deeply at her eyes. He leans down to rest his forehead on hers without taking his hand off her cheek and closes his eyes.

(Y/n) was about to ask him to explain his strange behavior but stops herself when she hears the sound of someone groaning.
Looking over the shoulder of her bodyguard, she notices a very damaged man crawling towards a gun and then she looks at the back of Toshizou.

She understands what happens now.

The man threw the knife towards her and Toshizou took the hit for her…

Again…

“Toshizou!”

She grabs the gun from his waist and shots at the crawling man before he could do more damage.

(Y/n) holds the man on her arms as she kneels down taking the phone from his pocket.

“Hold on, Toshizou”

Her trembling fingers starts marking a special number.

How could she be so careless?