Ch.22: Source.

Song: Daisy - Ashnikko.

(Y/n) kept her neutral face while the blonde woman in front of her held the smirk on her lips.

"So? What'll be the rules?" Adelaide places her elbows on the desk and rests her head on her hands while looking at the leader's eyes.

"Let's get over this quickly, each one has a hundred points, the starting point to bet is five points and only you can bet in numbers dividable in five, you lose all the points, you lose the game"

"If I lose, I'm going to get a bullet in my head, right?" she chuckles.

"It's not going to be that painless for you and lately the organ's market is paying well for a pair of kidneys... but I'll kill you if I catch you cheating"

"Well, I could say the same thing about you, right? So... you'll use your super asian powers to do the math on your head"

"I apologize, I didn't know that you couldn't do simple math, I can give you a colorful little abacus and a calculator if you struggle with it" she tilts her head.

Adelaide's eye twitches while keeping eye contact with the woman in front of her before letting out a forced laugh.

"My, my... I can't wait to break down that confidence of your with a whip"

"It'll take more than that to hold me back to beat you up"

She chuckles "I like a little fight... let's play"

(Y/n) looks at her side and nods at Mikazuki signaling him to start dealing. Mikazuki nods and starts distributing two cards to each leader. Adelaide looks at the cards and then looks back at the leader in front of her that held the cards on her right hand.

"Let's start with ten points..." Adelaide smiles looking at her.

"Ten points it is..." she signals Mikazuki to place three cards on the desk.

Adelaide smirks looking at the cards and then looks back at the leader.

"Want to jump straight up to fifty points?"

"Are you sure that you are confident with your hand?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Are you not?"

"Why not twenty? I know for a fact that you can't have anything higher than a Straight play"

"How can you be so sure?" she chuckles.

"I just know..."

"Fine then... twenty points"

(Y/n) looks back at Mikazuki as he lays down another card.

"Thirty..." Adelaide speaks up.

"Good for me..."

Mikazuki places the last card on the table and Adelaide chuckles.

"I pass..."

"Likewise..."

They place their cards on the table showing their hands.

"Look at that, you were right darling... I got Three of a Kind" she looks at (Y/n)'s play "And that surpass your Pair, I knew that I had to go for fifty"

"Too bad for you"

"That's one mistake that I won't repeat..."

They hand the cards back to the dealer as Mikazuki hands them another pair of cards.

"I want to start with ten..." (Y/n) speaks up.

"Fine..."

Mikazuki places three cards on the table.

"I pass..."

"Why? Don't you want to get over it? Let's go to fifty"

(Y/n) sighs "Fine then..."

Mikazuki lays another card.

"I pass..."

"Likewise" she smiles nodding.

Mikazuki places the last card as they lay out their cards.

"It seems that I'm in my lucky day" Adelaide smiles.

"Luck is for the mediocre and it runs out pretty quickly" she hands the cards to Mikazuki.

"Maybe you need to lay out the strategy for once and let your gut takeover"

"If it isn't for a strategy then why are you siding with Yukimura?"

"Yukimura offered me a lot of money to take you down" she winks at her.

"But money it's the least of you needs, what else did he offered you?" she signals Mikazuki to hand them the cards.

"Oh? And what made you so talkative right now?" she grabs her cards looking at them.

"I'm curious... Yukimura is losing capital, armament and people, so what did he have to offer a high-class leader to make her travel all the way here..."

"And you won't believe me if I say that as soon as I saw your picture I came rushing for love... ten points"

"No... ten points"

Mikazuki lays down three cards on the table.

"I guess that I'm not good at hiding things from you, right?"

"There's not human alive that can lie to me and get away with it..."

"Then let's play a game... fifteen points"

"A game while playing another game? You really have a problem... fifteen points"

Mikazuki places another card on the table.

"I like to live my life at the extreme... so, I'll tell you three things, which two of them are true and one of them is a lie, it's up to you to choose which one is the true one"

"I hear you..."

"I came here because Yukimura told me about an association that only the elite clans can enter, he was going to have a word with the leaders to let me in and once inside, I could get everything that I asked for... or well... maybe he told me that if a take down the Hanamura leader, he would take their resources and give me a sixty percent of it and I could keep the leader as well... and, for what he told me, you have plenty resources around the country, lastly, Yukimura said that I was going to receive many rewards from other clan's leaders that want you dead..." she looks at the cards on the table "I pass..."

"Likewise..."

Mikazuki puts the last card on the table.

"Any guess?" Adelaide chuckles "I pass"

"Likewise... So, an association that's leaded with elite clans..."

They place the cards on the table seeing that Adelaide had the higher hand.

"Is that your pick?" they hand the cards back to Mikazuki that was starting to get nervous.

"Like I said, I'm not an idiot..."

Adelaide laughs as Mikazuki hands them the cards. She noticed his nervousness.

"Very well... do you want me to tell you more about it?" she looks at the card.

"Sure..." she looks at the cards "All-in"

Adelaide raises an eyebrow "All-in? Sure, since this is your last play you want to risk it all or nothing"

"Are you backing up?"

"No... let's do All-in" she smiles at her "But you have to offer more than your lame fifteen points..."

"All my resources, one-hundred percent of it"

Mikazuki lays down all the five cards on the table.

"So... do you still want to do an All-in?" Adelaide smirks seeing the play on her hands.

"Sure... why don't you tell me about where Yukimura gets all the resources and how does he pay it?"

"W-What?" Adelaide was taken back.

"You heard me..." she tilts his head "You lied to me, yet you kept mentioning the word resources..."

"A-And how would you know that?" she chuckles.

"It's not about what you said but more about the things that you leave out... so tell me, where does he get his things?"

Adelaide avoids looking at her, the looks on her eyes were intimidating.

"I get it, it's not 'where' it's a 'who'... someone you are too scared of to say their name, isn't that right?"

Adelaide glares at her and places the cards on the desk revealing her play.

"Straight Flush, show me your hand and let's get going to my place where I'll teach you some manners!"

(Y/n) sighs placing the cards on the desk.

"Royal Flush, I win... answer me"

Adelaide's eyes widens.

"H-How?"

■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■

"Royal Flush..."

A fifteen years old (Y/n) places her hand on the desk as her uncle groans throwing his cards on the table.

"Mind telling me your secret?" he chuckles looking at her.

"I always cheat while playing cards... just nobody notices it when they think that they are winning..."

Jiro's eyes widens and leans on the desk.

"Were you cheating?" he sees her counting the cookies that they bet on.

"Ever since we started playing..." she eats the cookies.

Jiro laughs and walks to her side hugging her niece.

"I'm so proud of you, pumpkin"

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□