Ch.23: Travel.

Song: A Little Wicked - Valerie Broussard.

(Y/n) was sitting down in the middle of the garden while watering the flowers in front of her, it’s been a couple of hours since her encounter with Adelaide. She asks her people to take Adelaide to the medical room and extract as much info as they could from her before selling her organs to the market.

“(Y/n)-sama…” Toshizou sits down next to her.

“What’s the report of the Adelaide situation?” she places the watering can down and looks at him.

“She was taken to the surgical room a couple of minutes ago, she talked about a Chinese woman that wanted your head more than the leader of the Yukimura clan…”

“You mean a woman that loathes me more than the man whose daughter took her own life because I incapacitated her…” she closes her eyes and sighs in realization “It’s the mother, isn’t it?”

“Bai Yukimura… I’m sorry, now Bai Ling found out about her daughter’s suicide”

“It’s been months since her death, how did she found out about it now?” she tilts her head.

“No, she knew that she killed herself but she didn’t know that it was for you…”

“I didn’t put a rope on her neck, I only put her on a wheelchair, and it is not my fault that they didn’t raise their daughter like there wasn’t any type of consequences from her mindless and stupid actions, she was sentenced the moment she entered into my propriety to fuck around”

“She still blames you… she’s one of the types of mothers that won’t take any responsibilities from her way of raising their disobedient children…” he takes her hand and kisses the top of it “Don’t blame yourself for it”

“I don’t…” she rest her head on his shoulder “I would do it again if I have to… I’m curious on what kind of power this woman has to scare someone as sadistic as Adelaide…”

“Would you like me to have Souji travel to China to collect information of her?”

“I would like to confront her face to face…”

“Then, I will tell Souji to buy two tickets to China…”

She chuckles “Only two?”

“We don’t need anyone else with us…” he cups her cheek with his other hand and looks at her eyes “It’s been a long time since we got any time for the two of us… it’s quite infuriating, there’s nothing that I love more than being by your side” he leans down placing a quick kiss on her lips “So, let it be just the two of us” he mutters before going back for another kiss but he stops himself feeling her thumb on his lips. He opens his eyes seeing her little smirk on her lips.

“Are you planning to bribe me with kisses?” she mutters close to her lips “Acting as if I can’t get them from free…” she leans up and kisses the corner of his mouth and moves away grabbing her watering can “Besides, I can’t be seen showing favoritism to my right hand man”

“Why not? After all, I’m your favorite of everyone here…”

“That’s a long shot, mate” Souji forces his way between the two pushing Toshizou away and laying on the ground resting his head on (Y/n)’s lap “I’m her favorite, we’ve been burring bodies ever since we were on diapers”

“You arrived when she was around seven years old…” Toshizou glares at him “We were friends before you arrival”

“It doesn’t matter, ever since we met we knew that we were meant for each other” Souji speaks dramatically and winks at the leader “Isn’t that right, boss?~”

“It is not…” she pets his head “I thought that you were going to die in the first week under the training of my grandpa, I even prepared a body bag with your name on it, but I didn’t know how to spell it so it says ‘Soulja’, my grandpa thought it was cute so he keep it close to him, ready to use it”

“See? To me, that’s the perfect and literal concept of ‘meant for each other’” he smiles looking at the sky “So, I’m joining you to China, and I’ve been there more time than you so you’ll need me and even if you don’t want me there, I would sneak inside a bag and follow you anyways, so…”

“You have five seconds to get off her lap or we will be using the Soulja bag sooner than expected…” Toshizou says while glaring at him.

“Wait, do you still have the bag around?”

“Yes”

“Souji…”

“Right, right…” Souji stands up dusting off his clothes “I’ll book the tickets… and, by the way…” he crouches in between looking at the leader “You can have my kisses for free as well, boss” he kisses her cheek before walking away from them.

“I would beat the living hell of him…” Toshizou rolls his eyes as she rests her head on his shoulder.

“Not yet, we need him and it’s hard to find another Soulja around”

“Dammit” he groans placing an arm around her shoulder “About what we talked before—”

“My favorite is Chizuru…”

■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■

The current leader of the Oni Clan keep working on his paperwork while drinking down the glass of sake that he had on his hand. It was three in the morning and he was fed up with the stupid papers on his hands, in a couple of days, his son will take over the leadership of the clan and if he was lucky, he would see his granddaughter take over after her father.

Seeing the office’s door opening, he sees a little (h/c) haired girl entering into his office while walking towards the leader, usually, he would beat down anyone who dares to enter into his office without announcing themselves… but his wife and granddaughter were the only exception.

“Grandpapa…” she next to him as he smiles at her and sits her on his lap.

“Isn’t a little late for you to be up, my child?”

“Time is relative when you are trying to take over the world” she smiles at him with brilliant look on her eyes.

“That’s right, my child” he chuckles patting her head “But still, you need to sleep in order to have energy to take over the world…”

“Okay…” she looks at her hands.

“So… what’s on your mind?”

“I’ve been spending time with the new boy lately, I visited him on the medical room and I put as many band aids as I could to cover all his wound”

“Are you worried about him?”

She nods.

“Do you want me to go a little easier on his training?”

“Oh, no” she looks at him and raises her hands showing the bag “I got a body bag and wrote his name on it”

The man raises an eyebrow and grabs the bag reading the name on it.

‘Soulja’

He looks at his granddaughter and then at the bag holding back the laughter.

“T-This is cute… my child, I would keep this close to me in case that I need it…”

“Great!” she hugs him closing her eyes.

He chuckles and pets her head going back to his paperwork.

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□