Ch.21: Poker.

Song: Freak - Sub Urban.

(Y/n) looks at the deck of cards that Adelaide held on her hand.

"Let's play Poker, baby" she smiles at the young Yakuza.

"How do I know that you didn't mess up with the deck?"

"Now, why would I do that?" she tilts her head with a fake sweet voice.

"You just said that you will do everything to win the bet... so I don't trust you at all"

Adelaide pouts and rests her head on her hand.

"I like how you can see through my lies, baby, I just can't wait to break down that confidence of yours and make you dependent of me..." she sighs dreamily "I'm seeing it now, you kneeling down naked by my side while I'm in a meeting" she giggles and looks at her eyes "So, what do you suggest?"

"My uncle plays these kind of games and makes these kind of bets all the time... I know that he has a closed box of cards around the house... I'll call one of my-"

"No..." she had an empty look on her eyes.

(Y/n) raises an eyebrow and tilts her head.

"No?"

"How do I know that you won't call in for help? I know how agile your people can be..."

"Because I'm too proud to ask for help, I don't back down on a bet and I really want to personally rip your guts apart"

Adelaide laughs "And I'm the one with weird kinks, right?"

"I won't do it for sexual pleasure but more like something to kill my boredom"

"I have a bomb with me and you say you are bored..."

"This isn't a first..." she looks at the door "Toshizou..."

The bodyguard enters into the room while holding a closed box of cards.

"How did he-?"

"These walls have ears..." she extends her hand at Toshizou as the bodyguard walks next to her and leans down to mutter something on his leader's ear while leaving the box on her hands.

"Hey, hey... no secrets"

Toshizou glares at her and looks back at his leader.

"Some of my people offered to be the dealer... since he is my bodyguard, it's his duty to die for me or with me, Souji said that he wants to be the dealer just because he will cheat for me and find a way to shove the bomb down your throat after that, Chizuru said that she wants to do it to prove her bravery and finally Mikazuki said that he wants to do whatever I tell him to do..."

Adelaide chuckles "My, my... I didn't thought that you had such loyal men by your side... I bet that my men would just run away in less than a second"

"There's a difference between being loved, respected and feared"

"What? Are you going to say that they love you?"

"I think they do all the three options... as they should" she looks at Toshizou "Tell Mikazuki to come in..."

"Boo!" Souji yells from the door.

"Maybe next time, Souji" (Y/n) hands the little box to Adelaide and she makes sure that the box was sealed and nobody messed up with the cards inside "You can leave..."

Toshizou nods and walks outside patting the back of Mikazuki that entered right away standing next to the leaders on the side of the desk.

"If you please..." (Y/n) signals the Mikazuki as Adelaide hands him the box.

"Fine then... let's play"

(Y/n) nods and looks back at Mikazuki "I don't want you to cheat for me..."

Mikazuki smiles looking at her "Yes, (Y/n)-sama"

■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■

Mikazuki sits down on the garden looking at the woman training on the dojo. Ever since the fight with the other clan, everyone on the clan was too busy dealing with other business while the leader was training to be able to fight again. He has been watching her for a while, Mikazuki wanted to be close by just in case that she will need help.

He admired her from the first moment he saw her. He knew that his life belonged to her even before he offered his soul. He has been working lately to be more useful to her and have an opportunity to work right by her side.

Noticing a hand in front of his face, he looks at his side and sees Souji standing next to him.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the last minute" he chuckles and looks at the direction of the dojo seeing the leader training "But I know how captivating the view can be... however..." he places an arm around his shoulders getting him closer so he can speak lowly "Even if I'm not the deadly jealous type of guy, I know for sure at least two other guys that will cut your head off in the spot if they catch you dreaming about the leader.

Mikazuki looks at him for a couple of seconds before looking back at the dojo.

Souji sighs and shakes his head "Your lack of response is kind of worrying and low-key scary, I can't imagine how would you react the moment our boss dies"

His eyes widens at the thought and shakes away the arm around his shoulders and walks in a fast pace towards the dojo.

Turning around, (Y/n) puts down her wooden sword seeing the young male approaching her.

"Mikazuki, is there something you-?"

Before she could finish her sentence, the young man hugs her close to his chest and closes his eyes tight.

"Please don't die..." he mutters.

She raises an eyebrow and looks over his shoulder seeing Souji laughing under his breath. Sighing, she pats his back.

"Souji has been terrorizing people again, hasn't he?"

Mikazuki nods without taking his around her.

"Well, I'm going to say this just once" she takes a step back and looks at his eyes "I won't die, at least no so easily but when the day that I die happens, I don't need you to be weeping over my tomb, but I want you to take that as an opportunity to toughen up and start taking care of yourself and take care of the people that will depend on you... okay?"

He looks at her eyes and nods hugging her again.

"I'll do whatever you ask me to do..."

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■