Ch.28: Preparations.

Song: A Little Wicked - Valerie Broussard.

Toshizou enters into the bathroom seeing his leader inside a bathtub. He approaches and places a towel next to her kneeling down by her side.

"How are you feeling?" he pets her head.

"I'm better, thanks..." she smiles at him.

He smiles and leans closer kissing her head. She places a hand over his cheek gently moving him closer to her face but they were interrupted by multiple knocks in the room's door.

Sighing, Toshizou kisses her forehead before getting up and exiting the bathroom.

The knocks on the door were produced in a weird pattern. Immediately, Toshizou knows that Souji is behind that door. When he opens the door, he sees Souji with his signature Cheshire smile on his lips.

"I told you that we didn't need a special knock" Toshizou moves to the side letting him in.

"Ah~ but where's the fun on that, Toshi?" Souji smiles and sits down on the sofa.

"We aren't here for the fun, this is not a vacation" he closes the door locking it.

Souji closes his eyes and sighs dreamily "I can't wait to get over this so we can have a vacation... it's been a while since went to the beach, I also miss going to the amusement park"

"The last time we were at the amusement park, you got arrested"

"How would I know that I was supposed to use BB bullets and not real ones to shot the ducks?"

"How can you think that you are supposed to use real bullets?"

"The game was a scam!" he groans and crosses his arms "By the way, where's our boss?"

"Taking a bath" Toshizou mutters looking at the bathroom's door.

"Ooh~" Souji looks at the door then back at him "And you are here controlling yourself from accompany her, I'm proud of you, young Toshizou"

Toshizou rolls his eyes and looks at the other side. Souji tilts his head looking at him, there was something that he couldn't figure it out but there was a little pang of jealousy in his chest that was bothering him.

Before he could say something else, the bathroom's door opens revealing a woman in a robe.

"How did it go?" she immediately asks looking at Souji.

"Oh, you have a meeting tonight at Lucky Red Casino"

"With Bai Yukimura?" she sits on the bed.

"Only the best for my boss" he winks at her.

"How did you get it?" Toshizou asks.

"I got my contacts all around the world"

"And how do you know that this isn't a trap?" Toshizou crosses his arms.

Souji face's turns serious for a second "I would never put her life at risk"

"Souji..." (Y/n)'s speaks up "Does Bai Yukimura knows that we are going to meet up?"

"She asked for you specifically"

"(Y/n)-sama... would you like me study the building? I can get the blueprints from it if you wish..."

"Hmm..." she takes a deep breath and stands up "Actually, can you go out and buy me a dress for tonight?"

"(Y/n)-sama" Toshizou was taken back by her request "I'm here to protect you, I can't leave your side"

"I won't go anywhere" she crosses her arms "So please, I wouldn't ask you this if I wouldn't consider it important"

"Can't go against the boss request, now can we?" Souji stands up "Any request in special for your dress?"

"Red..." she states "The rest it'll be up to you..."

"(Y/n)-sama..."

"Make sure that'll make me look pretty" she winks at them.

Souji chuckles as Toshizou walks to her side placing a hand over her waist and muttering something in her ear. Souji could see the little smirk on his lips as his boss's cheeks turned pink. Even though he loved having their friendship, deep down, he envied the closeness between the two. He wouldn't like to sound ungrateful for everything that the clan has given him but sometimes he wishes to have more.

When Toshizou stepped away, he looks at him with his serious face and speaks up.

"Let's go..." he walks to the door.

Souji looks one last time to his boss as she smiles at him waving her hand. Smiling back at her he walks backwards to the door.

"Don't worry, boss, we will get you the best dress and some candy" he exits the room closing the door behind.

Looking at the door for a few seconds, she takes a step back and starts dressing herself up. It's been a while since she was alone like this, meaning, that she would make the most of it.

■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■

A teenage (Y/n) climbs up her bedroom's window as she sneaks her way outside the residence. Once she reached to the main door, she looks around and slowly opens it managing to go outside.

Letting out a breath of relief, she takes a step.

"Where are you going?"

Stopping in her tracks, she sighs and looks at the source of the voice.

Hiding between the branches of a tree, a face pops out giving her a known cheshire smile.

"What are you doing up there?"

"This is my favorite place to have a existential crisis" Souji gets down the tree walking towards her "You didn't answer my question, boss"

"Neither I have to..." she crosses her arms smirking at him.

"Well, well, well... is little Hanamura going through a phase?"

"It's not a phase" she rolls her eyes playfully "Come on, let's go back inside..."

"What? Weren't you-?"

"Yes, I was... but then you have to report me gone and then I'll have half the clan looking for me"

"I can keep a secret... hell, I can even accompany you if you wish"

"If you don't report me and they find out, it'll end bad for you, besides, the only one who can accompany me like a shadow it's Toshizou... I won't risk your well-being..."

"I can protect you as good as Toshizou would"

"Souji..."

He stares at her eyes for a second and sighs walking by her side.

"Sorry for ruining your night of freedom..."

"Don't worry about it..." she opens the door "Besides, it's not the first time that I snuck out... and it won't be the last one either"

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□