Ch.1: New Clan Leader.

Song: Castle - Halsey.

The heavy rain didn’t look like it was going to stop anytime soon, the kid looked up with his purple eyes at the dark sky as the rain soaked his black hair that reached his shoulders.

“Y-You little bastard”

The boy looks at the beaten men behind him. He was trying to sleep next to the dumpster where the rain didn’t touch him but then these men appear out of nowhere and then started bothering him for no reason.

Even when the young boy was only ten-years old, he was able to beat the living hell of these scums.

The three older men glares at the boy.

“You will pay for this, you piece of shit”

One of the men takes out a gun and points it at the young boy.

“Die!”

The kid closes his eyes as he hears a gunshot resound on the abandoned alley.

However, he didn’t feel any kind of pain.

When he opens his eyes, he sees the man laying on the floor with a pool of blood forming under him.

“You should know that our Yakuza clan never shoot at the children” A man wearing a black suit that was holding a gun on one of his hands and an umbrella on the other one, standing behind the now dead man says walking closer to the now scared men “Did I made myself clear?”

“B-But boss” one of them tries to explain the situation “This brat needs to learn a lesson”

“Hmm…” the man that was standing looks behind him “Say, (Y/n)”

The boy tilts his head and sees a little girl wearing a black dress with a red ribbon around her waist with two (h/c) buns on her head holding the back of the man’s suit from behind, the girl looked way younger than himself.

“Yes, Papa?” she speaks.

“Do you think that they didn’t hear my question?” he asks her.

“I don’t think they did” she looks at the other men sitting on the ground.

“N-No, sir! We heard you loud and clear but—”

Then there was two gunshots.

The men fall limply on the ground as the man standing glares at the bodies “I really hate it when they tell me ‘but’”

The boy feels a little intimidated at the man standing in front of him, he killed these men without a second thought.

“So” the man looks at the little boy “What’s your name, kid?”

He stays silent for a second and then looks down at the ground “My name is Saitou Toshizou”

“Very well, Saito. What are you doing here?”

“I live here” he says.

“I see” the man nods and then puts his gun inside his handgun holster “Do you have parents?” He walks closer to the boy.

The boy shakes his head.

“I see that you beat three of my men a moment ago”

He glares at the ground “They saw me sleeping next to the dumpster and they started picking on me”

“So you beat them up”

The boy nods.

“Understandable” the man smiles “How old are you?”

“Ten”

“Why don’t you come with us, Saito?”

The boy’s eyes widen as he looks up at the man.

“W-What do you mean?” he stutters.

“I mean that I can take you out of this lifestyle if you give me your loyalty on exchange”

“Loyalty?” the boy tilts his head.

“Yes, I want to train you to be one of us… if you are up to the challenge, of course”

The boy stands still for a second and then nods.

“Good, my name is Hanamura Kuragari” the man pats the head of the child behind him making her look at the boy “And this is my daughter, Hanamura (Y/n), she’s only five and your job from now on is to beat the living hell of anyone who even looks at her direction”

Toshizou looks at the girl behind the man and nods.

“Perfect” he smiles at the boy “Please follow us”

○●○●○●○●

Toshizou was kneeling on his futon, he couldn’t remember the last time that he took a warm shower. Maybe it was before his dad kicked him out of his house.

He was wearing new clothes that was on the room that Kuragari gave him. The house was huge, it was designed like the old Japanese style with many rooms and a big garden on the middle of it.

He looks down at the knife he had on his hand, he was thinking that maybe it was time to cut his hair but he didn’t know how to do it.

Toshizou holds his hair with one hand while the other held the knife, he was about to cut his hair but a knock on the door stops him. He puts the knife down and looks directly at the door.

“Who is it?"

“It’s me” a childish feminine voice speaks up.

He raises an eyebrow then nods, it was Kuragari’s child.

“Come in”

The girl slides the door open and enters the room.

“Hi” she smiles at the boy.

“How can I help you? Is someone bothering you?”

“Oh, no” she looks at the side “Almost everyone avoids me because they are scared of my papa… I came… for this” she raises her arms over her head to show him two bento boxes on her hands “Ta-raa~” she had a big smile on her lips.

He couldn’t help but smile a little at the childish behavior of hers.

“I brought you food” she walks closer and kneels in front of him “I wanted to invite you to the living room and eat there but papa said that he will be drinking with his partners and that I shouldn’t be there” she puts the boxes on the middle.

Toshizou looks down at the box and grabs it “I understand” he opens it and smells the delicious food inside of it. It has been so long since he had a decent meal that doesn’t come from the trash.

He grabs the chopsticks and place his hands together “Thanks for the food” he then starts eating.

He wanted to keep his cool while eating but his efforts fail a couple of seconds after. He shoves the food into his mouth almost chocking with it.

(Y/n) takes a bottle with water off her bag and puts it in front of him.

He puts the box down and grabs the bottle chugging it down. Once he finishes, he looks at the girl in front of him and at the closed box on her hands.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

She shakes her head “Nope, I brought these for you” he hands him the other box.

He grabs the other box and looks at her “Thank you but your father said that I have to make sure that you are okay and skipping meals isn’t healthy”

She nods “Yeah, he also said that he’ll train you” she looks directly at his eyes “You need more energy than me, besides…” she leans closer to him and whispers “I have candies hidden on my room”

“I’m not sure if that’s healthy for you” he opens the box.

She giggles and shrugs “Guess that we will never know”

He starts eating the food but now with more control than before. When he finishes, he puts the box down and looks back at the girl.

“Thank you, Hanamura-sama” he bows at her.

“You’re welcome but please call me (Y/n)”

He nods “Then you can call me Toshizou”

She smiles and tilts her head “To~shi~zou~chan~” she sings his name.

He smiles at her, he never had this warm feeling on his chest before.

“Uhm, what’s the knife for?” she looks at the knife next to him.

“I wanted to cut my hair”

“Why?” she tilts her head “I like it that way"

He looks at her and opens his mouth to answer but he was interrupted.

“(Y/n)-chan!” they hear a shout from the garden.

(Y/n) stands up and walks towards the door sliding it open “Hiro-kun” she waves at the person that has been calling her name.

Toshizou stands up and walks behind the little girl. He sees a young boy with curly blonde hair and red eyes walking towards the girl with a smile on his lips until he sees him.

“(Y/n)-chan” he stands in front of the girl deciding to ignore the other boy “You should be on your room, let’s go” he extends his hand to hold hers but the boy behind her grabs his wrist.

Hiro quickly uses his other hand to grab a little knife that he had on his pocket and places it on Toshizou’s throat.

“Wait, no” (Y/n) pushes them apart “Hiro, this is Saitou Toshizou, my dad is going to train him to be my bodyguard” she turns to face Toshizou “Toshizou, this is my best friend Nakamura Hiro” she smiles as she hugs the arm of the blonde kid.

Toshizou’s purple eyes never stopped glaring those red eyes that were glaring at him.

“It was a misunderstanding, we can all be friends now”

Hiro’s eyes widens when he hears her words “But (Y/n)-chan, you shouldn’t befriend the people that works for you” He lies, Hiro really enjoyed being her only friend, he always scared away the other kids that tried to get closer to her.

She tilts her head “But I want to befriend Toshi-chan”

“But what if he betrays you?” he looks down at her.

Toshizou frowns “I would never—”

“It wouldn’t be the first time” Hiro keeps talking as he ignores the boy in front of them “Remember what happened to your last bodyguard?”

“Oh… yes” she looks down.

“See? It’s better if it’s only the two of us”

She looks back at Toshizou “I think that Toshi is different” she mutters.

“But you’ll never know” Hiro holds her hand “Let’s go” he starts walking away from the boy with the girl walking behind him.

Yes, he wanted to be (Y/n)’s only friend but he was concerned for her as well, her last bodyguard tried to kidnap her to sell her at the black market. Hiro stayed on the same room as his father and her father tortured him to death. He doesn’t know what he would do without her on his life. On his nine years of life, he never cared for someone as much as he cared for her.

“Hiro-kun” her voice wakes him up from his trance.

“Yes?” he looks at her.

“Are you mad at me?” she mutters.

“I would never be mad at you, (Y/n)-chan since you are my favorite person on the whole universe” he smiles and pats her head.

She giggles and nods “Hiro-kun is my favorite Hiro on the whole universe”

He chuckles and stands in front of her room “(Y/n) do not trust anyone just because they are nice to you” he pinches her cheeks “You can trust me, I will protect you even on my finals days”

She smiles at him and hugs him “You are my hero"

He blushes and hugs her back “I’ll be always be your Hiro”

He wanted to keep this sweet side on her, not even his mother hugged him before. That’s why he was so determined to keep her safe from everyone that tries to hurt her.

○●○●○●

Sixteen years later, a woman with (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair enters a room with a big table on the middle of it. Every man sitting on the table turned their face to look at the woman on the door with a tall man with long black hair and purple eyes behind her.

The woman walks into the room directly at the end of the table and sits down while looking at the men on the table.

“My father is on his last moments. He asked me directly to inform you that from now on you will be working for me and only follow my direct order, so, if you have a problem with that you should speak now”

One of the men starts speaking.

“I don’t think it was wise for the boss to ask that… With all due respect” he looks at the woman directly at her eyes “But I don’t think that a woman can handle this kind of responsibility. No offense but you always looked so vulnerable and—”

The woman snaps her fingers and the man behind her shoots at the man on the chest.

The man breaths heavily as he puts his hands on the chest as the woman looks at her guard and nods making the man walk closer at the wounded one.

“It’s okay to have your doubts but to question my father’s orders and denigrate my person on my own house is unacceptable”

The guard walks behind the agonizing man and slides his throat open making him fall dead on the table.

“Now… Does anyone else have something to say?”

Everyone stares silently at the woman and shakes their head.

“Perfect” she stands up and slams her hands on the table “My name is Hanamura (Y/n) and I will be on charge of this clan from this day on. Did I made myself clear?”

“Yes, Hanamura-sama!”