Ch.18: New Tactic.

Song: Figure it out - Royal Blood.

Souji wakes up the next morning feeling the rays of the sun hitting his face, he closes his eyes hugging close the body of the woman that he respects the most, his nose was on her head smelling the scent of her hair as her back was against his chest.

However, his heart skips a beat when he feels his hand holding hers.

Souji opens his eyes when he hears someone knocking on the bedroom’s door. Getting up from the bed, he fixes himself up before opening the door seeing his friend in front of the door.

“Souji?” he raises an eyebrow.

“Ah~ My dear and trustful, Toshizou” he pats his shoulder with a smile “I’m glad to see you back in one piece from the Okamoto Clan”

“What are you doing here?”

“She asked me to stay here” he looks back at her “I can tell that she is having a lot of nightmares lately”

Toshizou sighs and enters the room as she slowly wakes up.

“(Y/n)-sama” he crouches next to the bed facing her “Did you take your meds before going to bed?”

“I don’t need them” she mutters “I’m feeling fantastic”

“Does Keisuke-san know?”

“Don’t rat me out with my doctor” she groans and hides her face on the pillow feeling the pain coming back to her body “Or else”

He chuckles “Or else what?”

“Souji, tell him what happens to snitches”

“They get… stitches?” he rest on the door frame tilting his head.

“They get stitches” she repeats holding her side as the pain was increasing.

Toshizou sighs and stands up “I’m bringing Keisuke to check on you before giving you my report.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

(Y/n) enters into her office seeing four men waiting for her. Sighing, she goes to her seat behind the desk and sits down.

“The Okamoto residence is destroyed” Hiro speaks.

Toshizou nods “We made sure that nobody survived, but there was a little problem… We couldn’t find the leader of the clan in the residence”

“However, one of my men found his body on one of the sewers. Someone shot the poor bastard on the back of his head, they determined that the shot was fired from a long distance, he didn’t see it coming”

Jiro chuckles “That seems like something that the old Yukimura would do”

“He is scared” Souji chuckles “By now, we took down two of his allies and showed no mercy on those that dared to come after us, I bet that no other clan would join him at this rate” he sighs frustrated “It’s not fair, the boss got to fight a leader, Toshizou and Hiro fought an entire clan by themselves and I barely got any action from this war”

“Well, I doubt that this war would end anytime soon” Jiro speaks up “After all, we got information that Yukimura has been asking for help to the foreign clans”

“So they don’t know who they are dealing with…” Toshizou looks at the leader as she looks down at the chess board on the desk taking down the Rook piece.

“So far we don’t know what the next move is or which clan would join him” she says looking down at the board.

“What’s your order?” Toshizou asks.

“Souji, go back to the Mamoru residence and ask them to give you information about the last shipments that Yukimura has been doing, maybe in that way we can at least speculate which clan is coming after us, Yukimura might be an idiot but he got the capital to but anything or anyone he pleases” she looks at Toshizou “Control the guard around the residence, make sure that they are alert for anything that gets closer to us” she turns to Hiro “Talk with the other leaders, maybe they got rumors that could help us out about Yukimura’s plan” she looks finally at her uncle.

“What do you want me to do, pumpkin?” he smiles at her.

“I’m worried that if you go out to the clandestine clubs they might sent someone after you”

“Aww… Is my little pumpkin afraid that someone would hurt her favorite uncle?”

“Not really, I was about to tell you to go out more in case someone tries to kill you so you can take information from them”

Her uncle feels like a cold water bucket splashes down on him as the other three men chuckled under their breath.

“Nevertheless, you are my only uncle and I will burn down the world if something happens to you because of me, so please… be careful”

Jiro smiles again and rushes next her pulling her in a tight embrace kissing her head.

“I knew that my pumpkin cares about me~”

“Uncle Jiro, you are hurting me” she groans.

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□

(Y/n) hugs her legs while hiding in a closet with a blanket over her head closing her eyes tightly as the thunderstorm became louder each second.

She screams and covers her ears as a thunder hits the ground. A knock on the door calls her attention but she didn’t open her eyes.

“(Y/n)-sama, are you in there?” a familiar voice calls her.

“No, she isn’t” she answers “She is on the other castle”

The boy in front of the door chuckles “I’m opening the door, (Y/n)-sama” he opens the door and his violet eyes sees a trembling girl hiding under a blanket “(Y/n)-sama, let me take you to your room”

Another thunder resounds on the house making her jump in her place.

Toshizou sighs and enters into the closet closing the door.

“(Y/n)-sama” he gently pulls down the blanket seeing her pouting as little tears fell down from her eyes.

“I-I’m fine” she pulls up the blanket covering her face once again.

They hear another thunder and the girl yelps again hugging herself tighter.

“I’m scared of thunders” Toshizou speaks up.

“A-Are you?” she lowers her blanket looking at him.

“Yes, I am terrified”

Another thunder resounds making the girl cover her ears.

“However, I know that you aren’t scared of them”

“I-I’m not” she mutters.

“That’s why I came to you”

“Oh…” she crawls to him and hugs him resting her head on his chest “T-Then I would hold you close so you won’t be scared anymore”

He chuckles and hugs her petting her head “Thank you, (Y/n)”

“You are welcome…” she mutters closing her eyes.

His embrace was warm and the calming sound of his heartbeat was enough to help her sleep through the thunderstorm.

■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■□□■