Ch.14: The Rook.

Song: Crazy - Gnarls Barkley.

Souji was sitting on the window of the tall building looking down at the city in front of him. He gets from his pocket an old picture of himself with Hanamura Hanzo and his grandchild Hanamura (Y/n). Being in the Hanamura clan was one of the best things that could happen to him.

He frowns thinking about the person who would betray their trust. He would gladly take care of them but he knew that their fate would be worst if (Y/n) made the job.

Putting the picture back to his pocket, he uses his binnacles to confirm his doubts and have a name to give to (Y/n). When he sees the two people talking to each other, he finally gets all the information he needed to go back to the house. Chuckling a little, he jumps down the building to report to (Y/n).

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

(Y/n) sits down on her office that has been remodeled while listening to her uncle. She was still using her bandages on her wounds, she had one on her stomach, on her arm and one covering her eye.

“So, my dear pumpkin, word has been running around about a cute little demon dismembering the past leader of the Mamoru clan” he pinches her cheeks “I’m so proud of you”

“Jiro!” her grandmother uses her fan to hit his arm “Be careful with the child, you may hurt her”

“Okay, gee” he caresses the part where she hit him “What I am trying to say is that now her name makes people shiver on their knees” he looks at her “Even the new leader of the Mamoru clan wants an alliance with us… he thinks that the decision of his older brother were quite stupid”

“An alliance with Mamoru…” (Y/n) mutters “What would be the pros and cons on that?”

“The positive side is that they started seeing you as a superior and that takes you one step closer to the crown” Jiro smiles at her “The negative side is that they started seeing you as a superior and that the may see you as a threat… it’ll hurt they pride if a young woman has the crown… So we don’t know if they want an alliance because they respect you or because they fear you”

“Nevertheless, an alliance would show to the Yukimura the progress of our clan” her grandmother looks at her.

“I guess that you can’t win the game if you don’t play the game” she looks down at her cup of coffee and then back at her uncle “I want to know what they have to offer us, engage a meeting with them and hear their offer”

Jiro smiles “Sure thing, pumpkin” he stands up and leave the office.

Natsume looked at her granddaughter as she was reading some documents. She couldn’t believe how casual she was after getting this damage with not being able to move properly. She thinks how much it would affect her if she tells her about her mother being the one who saved her… she was hesitant to talk about that.

“M-My child…” she walks closer to her.

“You don’t have to tell me…” (Y/n) speaks while writing down on her papers.

Natsume was shocked, she didn’t know if she knew but by the way she talked…

“I know that you are hiding something from me, but if it makes you uncomfortable to tell me now, then you can wait until you are comfortable to talk about it… don’t feel forced to bring it up” she looks at her with a smile.

Natsume sighs relieved and hugs her tight “I-I’m sorry that I can't speak freely with you, my child, but seeing you like this…”

“I know… I was careless by going on my own, but don’t worry, I learned my lesson” her hug was hurting her but she wouldn’t complain to her grandmother.