Chapter 34

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

Today is the first day that the pack will be helping protect Bella

Today is the first day that the pack will be helping protect Bella. I was still not happy about Jared having to be out all night and near Bella. He has reassured me that they will be outside and in the shadows and that he would never go into her house or have to be anywhere close to her if he can help it. My brother told me not to worry because he will be there with him and make sure that Bella stays away from him.

I won't start to help for a few days due to me getting a cold. Sometimes I wish I was a wolf. They are never sick, never get cold. How I would love that, but no luck. I still get sick and right now I feel like shit and want to claim into a hole and die. I can't breathe and I am freezing and all I want is Jared here to warm me up and hold me.

Paul and I walk up to the two Cullen's that are waiting for us in the woods behind Bella's house

Paul and I walk up to the two Cullen's that are waiting for us in the woods behind Bella's house. I growl as they get close to us. "Thank you for doing this." The one I believe is Alice says making me growl again.

'Four hours and then we leave to go home.' Paul says through the mind link. I growl at him.

'We shouldn't be here! D is sick. We should be at home with her. We should be with her not here watching this whore!' I say with a snarl, Paul sighs at me.

'Jare! I know you are worried about Davina but it is just a cold. She will be fine for a few hours. Let's just get this done. Maybe if we do this they will leave her alone and stop trying to get her to protect the whore. You know I don't want to be here just as much as you.' Paul says, making me sigh and lay down looking around the backyard.

Halfway through our shift we see Bella sitting in her window just looking at us with a small smile. I growl as she opens her window. "You guys can come in if you want?" She says, making me and Paul shake our heads no at her. "Look I get you both don't like me for what I did to Davina... But I am not as bad as you all make me out to be." She says making both of us give a barky laugh at her. Edward walked up to us. Paul growls as he gets closer.

"Jared... Paul... I wanted to thank you for doing this." He says, making me growl at him. "I know that you both don't want to be here after everything that Bella has done to your imprint and your sister. I just wanted to say thank you." Edward says, making me bear my teeth at him. Paul just nods his head before turning around and walking away from him. I follow behind him. I run a little faster as I want to get home to Davina.

'Head home and check on D. I will go and talk with Sam.' Paul says through our mind link. I nod my head at him and head to our place to check up on my imprint.

It has only been a few hours since Jared and Paul left and I am beyond annoyed

It has only been a few hours since Jared and Paul left and I am beyond annoyed. Edward called me basically pleading with me to help keep Bella safe and that he needs to know what I am. I told him no I wouldn't help her and that they should be glad that I am even willing to help with her father and then told him that he has no right to be in mine or pack's business.

After another hour Jared comes running in and over to me. "How are you feeling babe?" He asks as I give him a 'really' look. He kisses my head as he sits down with me.

"I feel like shit and I am sure I look like shit!" I say moving closer to him since he is warm. He chuckles and pulls me onto his lap and covers us with a blanket. I lay my head onto his chest and close my eyes. Falling asleep almost at once.

"You could never look like shit to me!" I heard him say as I fell asleep.

After about five minutes of me having Davina in my arms she fell asleep. I chuckle as I pick her up and carry her to our room. When I lay her down on the bed she moans and rolls over. I chuckle again before heading to the shower. Once I am in bed she moves closer to me. Cuddling into my body heat. I smile as I hold her close to my body. I hear Paul come into the house. After a few minutes he knocks on our door.

"It's open." I say as the door cracks open. "We have clothes on Paul!" I say with a chuckle, as he opens the door. Did he really think I would try to have sex with my sick girlfriend?

"How is she doing?" He asks, looking over at his sister. I smile at her and then laugh.

"She fell asleep within five minutes of me holding her when I got home. I think she might have the flu. She has been really cold." I say as I show him that she has socks, sweatpants and one of my sweaters on. He sighs as he comes and feels her head. "I got her to wake up and take some medicine before I got into bed." I say as Paul nods his head again.

"I will see if Rachel will make some of that tea she likes and bring it to her tomorrow." He says making me nod this time.

"Have you thought anymore about telling Rachel about all of this?" I ask, looking from Davina over to Paul.

"Yeah! But I want Davina there so it will have to be when she is feeling better." He says before walking out and closing the door behind him.

The next morning

"Jare... You need to get up!" I hear Davina say, making me groan and roll over in bed.

"No babe! It is too early! Go back to bed!" I say rolling over in bed again and bringing her closer to my body.

"Jared Cameron! You are going to be late for a pack meeting." She yells at me, making me jump up.

"Ok I am up!" I say rubbing my face with my hands. I watch as Davina leaves the room only to return with a cup of coffee for me. "How are you feeling?" I asked, looking at her bare legs and licking my lips. I wasn't sure when she lost the sweats but I wanted her legs wrapped around me,

"A little better! Your body heat helped out alot." She says as she puts on her yoga pants.

"Well I will cuddle with you whenever you want. Not just when you are sick!" I say making her giggle as I get out of bed and change my shorts.

"You better get going before you are late!" She says, making me sigh as I kiss her.

"I love you Davina!" I say against her lips as I look into her eyes.

"I love you too!" She says back to me with a smile.