Nine | Trouble Is a Friend.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

There was an easy grace to the parkland that flowed at the heart of the city. Spread out over the vibrant green grass, sat contentedly on a red checkered cover, a family enjoyed a nice picnic. It consisted of ham and cheese sandwiches with pickles and bottles of homemade lemonade. After finishing their satisfying meal, the busy parents took time to chase their mischievous children in a game of tag.

Near the rocky road, a plump vendor with a silly oversized hat sold refreshing ice cream to passers-by. One particularly tanned girl handed over money, before receiving vanilla cream in a bright purple cone. She smacked her lips in anticipation of that delicious sweet taste melting on her tongue.

On the other side of the road, boys lined up in a lengthy queue to take their turn on the zip-line. A patient supervisor made sure no one was skipping the queue. Nearby, multiple creaking swings were occupied by a bunch of toddlers pushed by their caring parents. They screamed in delight as they whizzed through the cool spring air. Slightly older children were playing with soft sand, building castles with the aid of colourful plastic tools. A dark-haired boy wearing round glasses tripped over such a construction, falling face down onto the airy sand and swallowing a mouthful of it. He started crying loudly, signalling his talkative mother to come over and comfort him.

You liked it here. It was bustling and lively; you enjoyed the endearing cacophony of many different sounds tying themselves together into a knot and zooming past your ears. Chuuya, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of you in actuality. He wasn't particularly fond of loud, rowdy and crowded places like this. He preferred a more tranquil setting where he could have his peace and quiet, indulging in an expensive bottle of wine without being disturbed; especially by people that he did not like. Daisuke was walking slowly at first, but as soon as he reached an area where there were quite a lot of people, the furry little creature who was clearly a country dog at heart, picked up his pace considerably as all three of you had entered much greener surroundings, although it would be quite difficult to imagine the portly canine moving with anything that might correctly be termed as speed.

Still, the dog seemed rather jolly and certainly interested in every flower, small animal, or passerby that crossed his path. The spring air was crisp, but the sun was warm, and the sky was a surprisingly clear blue after so many typical Yokohama days of rain. And while the woman he was burdened to work with was not a woman that he was particularly fond of, Chuuya, only at this precise moment, felt a rather easy sense of contentment wash over him. One that he couldn't exactly explain.

"Uh...I don't like it here," Chuuya said; looking around the area and observing everything in his peripheral vision. "Can we walk to a place where there's less people?"

A couple of meters away, a confident daughter went flying down the metal slide right into the hands of her gladdened father. Laughing, he exclaimed heartily and uproariously; "you're so brave going down such a steep one!"