Bonus Chapter | Mr. & Mrs. Nakahara.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

As Chuuya lifted you onto his back, the cool breeze of the city night kissed your cheeks. You wrapped your arms around his neck and leaned into him, feeling the warmth of his body against yours. With each step, you could feel his muscles tense and relax, carrying you with ease as the two of you made your way back to the Port Mafia headquarters. Your dress was soaked in blood from the previous mission, and so was Chuuya's shirt, which was also torn in places; the fabric clinging to your skins like a second layer. Blood splatters painted your faces in a macabre display of the violence both of you had just unleashed, but neither of you seemed to care, even as passersby gave you weird or shocked stares as they took one glance at your unkempt appearance. They must have thought that the two of you had just escaped from the mental asylum, however, you were far too busy basking in the exhilaration and adrenaline of what you had just done to really give a flying fuck about what random people on the street had thought of you.

And you weren't talking about the killing.

The walk back to the Port Mafia headquarters was a long one, hence why you had forced Chuuya to give you a piggyback ride the entire way back, which he had no choice but to accept, but you hardly noticed. Instead, you found yourself lost in deep thought, reflecting on the events of the day. It had all happened so quickly; one moment Chuuya was demanding that you marry him while dismantled corpses surrounded you after a thrilling massacre, and the next, the two of you were walking out of the registry office as husband and wife.

The streets were quiet, and the only sound that filled the air was the rhythmic cacophony of Chuuya's footsteps on the pavement. "Hurry up, husband," you teased, resting your chin on his shoulder. Chuuya turned his head to look at you, levelling you with an amused glare before he broke into a smile and kissed your nose.

"Would you like me to drop you, my dear wife?"

You pouted. "It wouldn't be the first time."

Chuuya snorted at this.

As the two of you approached the entrance of the building, the bright lights spilled out onto the sidewalk, casting a warm glow that welcomed you back to the headquarters.

When the two of you finally entered the lounge, the sound of Akutugawa turning a page in his book and the faint hum of Tachihara's music greeted you. Gin and Higuchi were deep in conversation, while Hirotsu silently smoked in the corner. Kajii was typing away on his laptop, his eyes glued to the screen.

But as soon as they caught sight of you and Chuuya, laughing and giggling like children as the two of you had walked into the lounge, your colleagues' attention immediately shifted to both of you. Chuuya gently set you down. Tachihara removed his headphones and sat up, while Gin and Higuchi practically jumped off the couch in excitement. Even Hirotsu put out his cigarette and leaned forward to get a better look.