Forty | Three Words, Eight Letters.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the playlist above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The unbidden thunderstorm bequeathed a percussion of rain upon the world.

You pulled open the back door and entered the car, shutting the door behind you as you slipped into the backseat; being extra careful not to get any splutters of mud on the back of the driver's seat or on the floor in the process. The last thing that you had wanted today was for Chuuya to brutally murder your ass for dirtying the inside of his car with your tattered shoes.

By the time that you had finally managed to get inside the car—you were already soaked to the bone, shivering beneath Chuuya's jacket, which you had pulled more tightly around yourself; the jacket now being used as a blanket to invite some much-needed warmth to your body. The jacket was pretty damp though, so it was kind of useless at the moment, but you still kept it around you anyway for good measure. You quite enjoyed the invigorating sense of comfort that it had brought you, and you weren't too sure why. You supposed that it must have been because of the fact that this jacket had belonged to none other than Mr. Chuuya Nakahara himself, and there was a sort of intimacy in you wearing it that had made you feel giddy.

Oh no.

Feeling giddy over Chuuya giving you his goddamn jacket? Get a grip [Y/N]! You're not twelve!

A heavy sigh left your lips as you watched the raindrops trickle down the window. The percussion of the given water had varied according to the surface that it had infiltrated. Those drops were bigger than prairie hailstones and had come down just as hard. It was almost as if the drops were mercilessly striking your eardrums—but you actually quite liked it, you found it soothing, like a melody, an entrancing lullaby. You momentarily closed your eyes; allowing the symphonic cacophony of rainfall to calm you.

The combination of rain and the warmth of this car had a certain charm to it.

Your eyes immediately flung wide open when you suddenly heard the unanticipated thud of the back door closing, before you saw Chuuya's distinct figure move into the car, quickly climbing in beside you. He too, was exquisitely drenched; the rainwater soaking through his wet clothes to chill his ivory skin. He looked so handsome, so unbelievably handsome. You blinked your eyes as if an eyelash or two had fallen into them, since the last thing that you had ever expected from Chuuya of all people was for him to slip into the backseat alongside you. You stared at him blankly, and in return, he had given you the most indulgent, too-charming smile that you had ever seen; a smile that made him look princely, one that had made you feel like nothing more than a pauper in comparison.

"Hi." He greeted cutely; his charming, fairytale-zested smile never once faltering even in the slightest. And for some odd reason, you had the strangest urge to just back the fuck away from him, not because he was too close, that would have been a very silly reason considering tonight the two of you had been a lot closer than you could have ever possibly imagined, but it was mainly due to the fact that this was something that you had never thought he would do. You vividly remembered him telling you once that he would have much rather died than ever let you sit in the front passenger seat of his car alongside him, but right now, right here, he had willingly chosen to sit in the back with you.