Twenty-Four | A Peace Offering.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

You took a deep breath when you finally reached your shared office; immediately noticing that the door had been left slightly ajar. You took a little longer to get here because you needed to make a quick stop somewhere. It was important.

Looking through the slight gap between the ajar door, you were happy to see that Chuuya was, in fact, still sitting at his desk and working. You never really understood why he had chosen to work until the late hours of the night, but you supposed that he just worked better after dark; feeling the most at comfort when he could hear the owls hooting outside his window; perching atop the branches. He was typing away on his laptop, the cacophony of his fingers vigorously tapping the keyboard entering your ears from the other side of this door. You noticed that his bright blue eyes were concentrated solely on the blaring screen in front of him. His hat was placed on the desk beside his laptop, and you watched him yawn, which in turn, caused you to let out a light yawn too.

You noticed that he hadn't drawn the blinds yet; allowing the effulgent moonbeams to enter the room through the window and shine their divine light upon everything they touched; Chuuya included. The moon in her dappled beauty spun, ever in perfect synchrony with her heavenly companion.

Using your free hand, since you were hiding your other hand behind your back, you opened the door without bothering to knock first since this was your office too, and you had just as much of a right to be here as Chuuya did. As the door swung open, you had immediately captured Chuuya's undivided attention in the process, as he suddenly looked up from the blaring screen and at your face. You entered the office, still keeping one hand behind your back the entire time.

You smiled at him, your smile saccharine sweet and innocent, as if it were suddenly normal to randomly waltz into your shared office in the middle of the night to greet someone who you had supposedly hated with every single fibre of your very being. The truth was, you didn't hate him. In fact, you had never hated him. You never really had any reason to. You just allowed Chuuya to claim that he hated you (pfft), and simply went along with it because you found this entire ordeal quite amusing. It was a form of entertainment for you, and you had a strange feeling that Chuuya was very well aware of this, in all honesty, it probably further fuelled his annoyance that was constantly directed at you.

The man's eyebrows furrowed in a deep sliver of confusion, as well as irritation. The last person that he wanted to see right now whilst he was in the middle of typing out at least a thousand emails to big corporations and highly influential people—was you. Not only were you a distraction, but just your mere presence alone was enough to drive him up the wall.