Twenty-Two | A Stern Berating.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

As soon as the two of you had returned to the Port Mafia base alongside Mori—you were immediately told to go to his office. It gave you flashbacks to high school whenever you were sent out of the classroom by your least favourite teacher and told to head to the principal's office; this moment definitely felt like an ode to that, almost like you were experiencing dejavú.

It was quite embarrassing to walk past everyone else, who were all watching the two of you with confused expressions etched into their distinctly unique faces whilst you and Chuuya were being escorted by Mori to his office. Neither of you were able to look anyone directly in the eye. You two were like little squabbling children following the leader; ready to be absolutely berated.

And a stern berating was what you received as soon as you had both entered Mori's office and Mori slammed the door shut behind him. You had never seen this man stray away from his usually calm and collected demeanour until this current moment in time; the moment in which he was angrily hovering near his desk, pacing back and forth like an absolute madman, while the two of you were standing in front of the wall, nervously playing around with your hands.

"What on Earth were you both thinking?" Mori slammed his fist down on the mahogany table, causing you both to almost jump at the unexpected reverberation of skin to wood. The items scattered across his desk messily had also jerked at the unexpected impact of such an aggrieved hit. "Do you know how embarrassing it is to be given no other choice but to bribe some of the police officers with money just so I could get you both out?"

As a mafia boss—this man was absolutely terrifying beyond comprehension. With a little money, he had the entire world at his feet. He could easily get even the most elite, corrupted and affluent individuals to dance to his tune; all he had to do was instil fear using his power of always being able to remain strictly cool, calm and collected during situations where most people would have peed their pants and given in to their enemies' threats. This mafia boss was a terrifying, terrifying ghoul. The kind that was the coldest of cold; the man's true Machiavellian nature always eminent in his empty, magenta eyes and villainous smile that was simultaneously deceptive and destructive. His soul was remortgaged so many times that even Satan himself had him in an almost eternal bondage.

And you were concurrently the luckiest girl in the world to be able to work under such a man—while also being a passive victim of his crimes. You were gambling your soul just by being in this malevolent man's omnipotent presence, and that notion was just as fascinating as it was terrifying. You were an active part of the evil contaminating this world, and it was something that you had embraced, and would always continue to embrace until the very end of time.

Chuuya also felt the exact same way.

He had pledged to serve his life to the mafia, and it was a decision that he would never take lightly.