Forty-Seven | Day Three.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the video above and let the music run throughout this chapter! :)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The sun was shining brightly this fine morning—and the breeze had gently tugged at the clouds.

Yet, despite that, an ominous grey cloud that had accommodated both vicious thunder and disastrous lightning had hung over Chuuya's head like a maleficent halo.

To say that Chuuya was angry was an understatement.

He was pissed.

And right now—it took every ounce of his willpower to not ram his balled-up fist through the glass and shatter his office window into a million infinitesimal pieces; willingly allowing the shards to pierce and cut his skin, because that pain, as opposed to the one that he was currently feeling coiling through him and puncturing his internal organs, would have felt like nothing more than the ferocity of a paper cut or a bee sting in comparison to this one.

It was day three. Yesterday it was easy to avoid you like the plague. Why? Because you were out doing only God-knows-what with Tachihara for the majority of the day. If it were anyone else that you had decided to dilly-dally around with—literally anyone else—then he would have been perfectly fine, even thankful that they had decided to make things a whole lot easier for him.

But no, it just had to be fucking Tachihara that you had decided to use just to spite him.

And oh—you were fucking spiting him alright.

Chuuya bared his teeth as he stood before his large window, the window behind his desk, watching you through the glass; his jaw visibly clenched in anger and irritation—his eyes narrowed into rancorous slits. You and Tachihara had grown exceptionally closer over the last twenty-four hours, and this was enough to drive Chuuya up the fucking wall. Right now, he hated Mori's guts for putting him in this horrific position; forcing him between a rock and a hard place. He hated himself for not standing his ground against his boss and not being able to possess any sense of self-restraint when it came to you and his jealousy. He hated Gin and Higuchi for not keeping you distracted and instead, allowing someone else to take their place. He hated Tachihara for being that someone else and for knowingly allowing you to use him to get back at Chuuya and for making you look like you were the happiest girl alive at this precise moment in time.

But most importantly, he hated you for making him fall for you like Alice down the rabbit hole—ending up in a place that had truly deserved the name Wonderland because it was, just like the depth of his feelings, terrifyingly beautiful and horrifically fascinating.