Thirty-Nine | Feel Like a Brand New Person.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! :)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"What on Earth—" the very moment that the two of you had stepped out of the car, you were taken by complete and utter surprise to see where he had brought you. It was a forty-five minute drive to get to this location, a location that you were completely in the dark about all the way up until you had arrived. You assumed that he had kept this a secret just to add an element of mystery, as well as to play into the shock factor.

And it worked.

It worked a little too well.

Because you were, just like Chuuya had wanted, simultaneously a mixture of shocked and confused beyond belief right now.

He saw the shock register on your face before you could hide it.

Chuuya leaned on his car, spectating you amusedly through hooded eyes as you glanced around the vicinity; taking in your surroundings. He gave you an evaluating, conspiratorial look, as if he were patiently anticipating your reaction. "Well?"

"Well?" You echoed, turning to look at him, raising an eyebrow quizzically. You crossed your arms over your chest, only because you were a little cold despite having Chuuya's jacket draped over your shoulders. You weren't quite sure how he was expecting you to react. Did he want you to swoon over him for bringing you to such a strange location? Did he want you to jump up and down on your flexing feet with excitement coursing through your veins like you were a little girl who had just entered a store full of all the candy that you could ever possibly want and more? Honestly, you didn't understand his thought process behind bringing you to a place like this. It was the most unromantic thing ever, not that you were expecting him to have a whole candlelit dinner ready for you or anything like that, but it certainly would have been nice. "An abandoned junkyard? Really? Do you hate me that much? And here I thought we were really starting to get somewhere..."

This place was a gargantuan debauchery of junk, literal junk strewn around in messy piles of mechanical entanglements everywhere.

Chuuya rolled his eyes, scoffing, but you believed that he already had a strong feeling you were going to react like this, especially because he purposefully decided not to tell you where he was taking you and why he had brought you here of all places at this time of night. You couldn't believe that you were currently standing in an abandoned junkyard, or more specifically, an abandoned automobile junkyard judging by all the deserted cars, one that was located in the middle of practically nowhere. This was the perfect place to murder a poor, innocent person in cold-blood and get away with it.