Seventy-Two | All Good Things Must Come to An End.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! :)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Chuuuuya~" you called out his name in a sing-song voice, you had been looking for him for the past ten minutes—but so far, your search had been to no avail. "Chuuya, where the hell are you?"

You hadn't seen him since you had woken up today, which was much later than usual, around two in the afternoon. You had woken up in a state of utter panic because you remembered that today was a very special day.

His birthday.

He wasn't in his office, he wasn't in his room. He wasn't in the kitchen, he wasn't in the boardroom, he wasn't in the lounge—honestly, it was like he had just suddenly disappeared into thin air, like a cloud driven by the wind. You tried to call and text him multiple times, but you realised after the fourth attempt that his phone was switched off, which was very unusual. You also hadn't seen the others today, you assumed they were all just busy doing their own thing, but you hoped, internally, that they were all currently in the midst of planning a surprise birthday party for Chuuya. You would feel sad if they had all somehow managed to forget about the fact that today was his birthday. A day that should undoubtedly be celebrated.

You were on the verge of giving up your search when you waltzed into the kitchen a second time, and you had almost been given the fright of your life when you noticed that everyone had suddenly materialised in here out of literally nowhere.

Kouyou was chopping vegetables, Gin and Tachihara were sitting at the dining table, both on their phones, showing each other memes and laughing hysterically. Elise was sitting cross-legged on the floor, flipping through the pages of her colouring book, trying to find a blank page to doodle on because she had gotten bored of all the animal outlines. Akutagawa was leaning against the kitchen island and glancing out the window, lost in thought, apple in hand. He was watching the birds making playful swoops in the sky. The only five people that weren't currently residing in this kitchen were: Mori, Kajii, Hirotsu, Higuchi and, of course, Chuuya.

This didn't look like they were planning and organising a surprise birthday party.

As soon as you entered the kitchen, everyone immediately stopped what they were doing just to simultaneously turn their heads in order to look in your direction. Kouyou's face instantly lit up as soon as she saw you, as she set the knife down next to the wooden chopping board, the once full carrot now diced into miniature cubes. "[Y/N]," she said your name, beaming brightly. "I see you've finally woken up and decided to join us."

"I woke up like two hours ago," you told her, and just as you walked past Akutugawa, you sneakily stole the apple, as red as fresh blood, from his hand and took a large bite, before swiftly passing it back to him. Akutugawa glared at the back of your head as you made your way over to where Kouyou was presently standing. "I've been looking for everyone—Chuuya, especially. I haven't seen him all day and he hasn't been picking up my calls, either. Do you happen to know where he is? It's his birthday! I haven't even had the chance to wish him a happy birthday yet."