Sixty-Three | Hold On Tight.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the playlist above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Hold on tight, sweetheart—" was the last thing you heard before Chuuya rode off into the starlit night like a knight in shining armour on a white horse, except his horse was pink, and knights usually wore helmets.

Holy fuck.

This was thrilling. Exciting. Exhilarating—unlike anything you'd ever experienced before. Your arms were wrapped tightly around his waist as he sped with such spectral ease down the street—weaving in and out of traffic smoothly, swiftly, swimmingly. He slowed down a few times just so that you were able to bask in the exquisite feeling of the city whizzing past the periphery of your vision. This felt like a movie moment, honestly, something that you'd only ever watch on the big screen; a cinematic masterpiece that had been translated to real life.

The city tonight was alive—alive in a way that you never thought was possible. Alive with lights that echoed heaven's stars. Alive with people moving like enchanting shoals of fish. There was chatter between sellers and buyers as you zoomed through the marketplace, old friends catching up, new friends made. The delicious aroma of fresh, exotic fruit wafted in the air. It was busy for sure—but the hustle and bustle breathed life into this city, and it was such a beautiful sight to see.

You had always admired this city—you felt like in comparison to places like Tokyo and Kyoto, Yokohama was highly underrated. Yokohama was surrounded by bodies of glittering water that had provided the serene ambience in the city, but at night, it was lively and bustling. Aside from the picturesque, natural wonders the city had to offer; a fusion of historical sites and modern tourist attractions were also a feast to the eye.

Vibrant, yet peaceful.

Chaotic, yet calm.

None of this felt real. You wanted to pinch yourself just to be certain that you were actually here, living and breathing and taking in this moment, sitting behind your lover, practically glued to his back, as the two of you had experienced the vivacity of this city together. A city full of such darkness, yet bursting with so much effulgent light.

Chuuya loved it, too. He had genuinely missed the invigorating feeling of riding his motorcycle. He had genuinely missed the enrapturing feeling of cruising down the highway, swerving from lane to lane in the middle of the night without consequences. Right now, he felt alive. Just you, him and a 360 degree panorama of the world.

He could feel the cool, crisp air hitting his face. He could smell the road dust, the oil, the exhaust fumes, the herby scent of weeds and wildflowers on the roadside, the salty scent of the river he was driving near...this was different than just merely rolling down the car window on a road trip. Every sense was intensified, heightened by a thousand-fold. It was so many different things at once; a melting pot of temperature changes and smells and sounds and sights. The best part of all was knowing that he had his bike beneath him, rumbling and vibrating and moving like it were a part of him, and it had awakened in him the omnipotent feeling of being in control of his own life for once.