Eighteen | Grocery Shopping...Gone Wrong.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The colossal shopping centre cut into the greying sky like an unholy temple, casting a long shadow onto the earth around. It was the engine of this city, the final exhaust of so many industries. When the soundless bell chimed, the parking lot filled, acres of shiny paintwork over smooth black tarmac.

Chuuya pulled into the parking lot of the grand shopping centre. Surprisingly, he had managed to find a decent parking space with such spectral ease, one that didn't require a long walk either. It was interesting to observe him driving while sitting in the backseat of his car because he refused to let you sit at the front; he was a really good driver, and always had his attention focused solely on the busy road ahead. His one fatal flaw though, was his abhorrent road rage. He became aggravated quite easily when something didn't go his way, and he was not shy of letting the other party know that they had to have gotten their license from a fucking farm with their shitty driving skills.

Other than that, the car ride itself wasn't too bad. He actually had a really nice car; a luxury car, in fact. A sleek, ostentatious black BMW with tinted windows. The interior was even more grandeur; black leather seats lining the inside, and fancy-looking gadgets plastered around here and there for the sole purpose of showing off. According to Chuuya, this car was his pride and joy, his newborn baby—that was why you knew that he didn't want you in his car, in fact, he already made it painfully clear that the last thing he'd ever want to do was run errands with someone like you, but the feeling was mutual, and he knew that he had no other choice but to say yes since his boss had asked him so nicely—and he couldn't refuse his boss, no matter how ridiculous he thought this assigned task actually was.

Surely it was not that hard to use Deliveroo or Ubereats to feed everyone just for the day.

"Out." He told you as he unlocked the car door; watching you carefully through the rearview mirror. "Hurry up."

You stuck your tongue out at him and rolled your eyes as you took off your seatbelt and opened the door, finally stepping out of the car and allowing the slight wind to place soft, airy kisses upon your bare skin. You were starting to realise that you should have probably brought a jacket with you, since you were currently wearing jeans paired with a basic t-shirt, leaving most of your arms exposed, inviting the cold air to make you shiver a little. Luckily for you, the wind wasn't too bad. You would be able to survive without a jacket, it would have just been ideal that you had one. Sighing, you realised there was nothing you could do now as you shut the car door behind you.

Chuuya got out shortly afterwards. He pressed the button on his keys and locked the car. The keys jangled as he spun them around his middle finger. "Do you have the list?"

You nodded your head, "yeah. Mori sent me a text message with everything that we need to buy."

"And what are we not doing?" He questioned you, wanting you to rehash what the two of you had agreed on earlier. He was speaking to you like a parent would do to their child, and as much as you absolutely hated it, you were also kind of into it in a strange way.