Twenty-One | Chuuya vs Bald Fat Man.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The last place that you thought you'd ever end up today—a day that was meant to be spent casually buying groceries to fill the fridge back at the Mafia headquarters, was the fucking police station.

But even worse—you both had to be escorted to a holding cell. Together. Apparently quite a lot of people had complained that there were two lunatics fighting in the car in the middle of the bustling, traffic-infested road. Apparently, you and Chuuya were seen as a danger and hazard to everyone there. You assumed that it must have been some of the drivers that Chuuya had narrowly managed to avoid hitting, they probably took pictures of his number plate and mentioned the name of the area to the police so that both of you could have been easily tracked down. It wouldn't have been too hard to find the car—not everyone could afford to drive a luxurious BMW with a personalised number plate.

You had already been here for half an hour, and honestly, this was probably the worst thing that you had ever had to experience in your entire twenty years of living. Chuuya would have probably agreed...if he didn't want to brutally murder your ass for causing this entire mess.

This holding cell was absolutely disgusting. There were around four other people stuck in here for different reasons. Because the cell was so small and somewhat claustrophobic; there was no space for the two of you to sit down, which meant that you were both forced to stand uncomfortably close to one another in the corner with your backs against the wall. There was no clock either, making time feel agonisingly slow—in fact, you were unsure of what was even going to happen after this.

The holding cell was more of an open air holding pen, containment with no protection from the elements. The walls were the same thick grey stone as the dwellings of the region, but instead of a wide window with a flower box, there was a mean barred opening with thick metal bars and no glass. Because it was not an actual jail cell—just a place where the police held potential prisoners while they worked out what to do with them, there were no beds, which was absolutely terrible considering some people had to stay in here for days. Right now, you were focusing all your energy on trying not to vomit, especially because the stench of sewage was ever-present and the prospective inmates were crammed in so tight they were almost touching each other.

And it was even worse because you seemed to be the only girl here.

This wasn't quite the reverse harem you had always pictured.

"This is all your fault." Chuuya berated, side-eyeing you. Both of you were standing uncomfortably close to one another because of how cramped this space was. It was literally a miniature box that could probably only fit amenities meant for dolls rather than real, life-sized humans. Both of you looked and felt like absolute hell too. Chuuya's long hair was messy and disheveled, and his usually sleek clothes were now tattered. Luckily for him, you hadn't caused much damage to his face, but you certainly ought to have as payback. On the other hand, you also looked just as rough as him, if not even worse. Your [H/L] [H/C] hair had resembled a bird's nest, and the small slash on your face that was caused by the sharp, pointed edge of Chuuya's card stung.