Bonus Chapter | Babysitting.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Is this even the right address?" Chuuya asked; one hand was on the steering wheel, while the other was on your thigh as he pulled up to a house—but not just any old house—it belonged to his former partner in crime, his sworn lifelong enemy, the true bane of his existence: Dazai Osamu. He parked in the driveway; in the summer light, the driveway took a golden glow from the light-hued herringbone bricks.

"Google Maps is telling me it is." You responded. You flipped the phone around so that it was now facing Chuuya. "See?"

Chuuya seemed disappointed.

"I really don't want to get out." Chuuya let out a long-suffering sigh. "I really don't want to do this, [Y/N]."

"And so you've said," your eyes rolled of their own volition. "Multiple times, actually." If you had a shot for every time he told you that he didn't want to do this, you were almost certain that you'd be paralytic by now.

When Chuuya looked ahead—he took the time to really observe the house. The Dazai Residence. The exterior was, in a word, nice—a very comfortable size for three people; two adults and a toddler. The house was long and narrow—he couldn't figure out how big it would be on the inside. It was two stories high and had a one-story extension at the rear for the kitchen. A little rose garden had been planted at the front. Chuuya swivelled his neck to meet your gaze—for some strange reason, his heart was speeding anew. He was nervous, but he was trying not to show it.

"It's not too late," he told you; he sounded serious. You could tell by the desperation obnubilating his eyes that he genuinely wanted to leave. Right now, he wished that there could be a zombie apocalypse—he'd happily offer himself up to a brain-eating zombie if it meant that he didn't have to walk up those steps that led to the daunting front door. "They haven't seen us. They haven't come out, they don't even know we're outside. We could just say something came up."

"No."

"[Y/N]!" He dramatically exclaimed. "Look baby, I'll take you wherever you want if we just leave."

You shook your head no.

Chuuya wanted to die.

And kill you.

"Chuuya, calm the hell down." You told him. You couldn't understand why he was acting like he was being sent to his death. All he had to do was babysit for a couple of hours, and it wasn't like he was going to do it all by himself. You would be there, too. "We're doing this as a favour for our friends."

Chuuya furrowed his brows—his face twisting into a grimace at the word friends. "First and foremost, let's just get one thing straight," he began, holding up one gloved finger for extra emphasis. "They are not my friends. I think you forget that one time I literally shot up his car while Dazai and his wife were on a date, their first date at that. Do you know how awkward it's going to be to see her especially after everything that's happened between our agencies? We literally hosted a banquet just so we could kidnap her."