Sixty-Seven | What The Hell?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Chuuya was kneeling in front of the door while you were standing above him; both of you confused as hell and wondering if you had gone absolutely insane. You checked the time on your phone, it had just turned one, which meant that there was no possible way the club would have shut and they'd just forgotten that there were still two people in the bathroom, especially not when the club was supposed to shut at four in the morning, so essentially, three hours from now.

Something was wrong.

Seriously wrong.

Chuuya pressed his ear against the door, trying to listen for any intimation of noise, however, he could hear nothing. It was so quiet that he'd probably even be able to hear a pin drop. There was no music. No voices. Nothing that would have indicated there was any sign of life behind this door. It was uncanny, and neither of you really knew what to think.

"Either I'm too drunk," you said, scratching your head. "Or this is fucking weird."

Chuuya looked over his shoulder at you; his nonplussed expression mirroring your own. "I think I've sobered up," he responded. "And I can tell you that this is fucking weird."

You crouched beside Chuuya and tucked your hair behind your ear, and then you too, pressed your ear and hand against the door. You only placed your hand there to maintain your balance. You still felt a little woozy. A little buzzed. Your eyebrows knitted pensively together when you realised that you genuinely could hear nothing. Literally nothing. "Maybe there's a silent disco going on?"

Chuuya made a face at this, and then flicked your forehead as if you had just said the dumbest, most nonsensical thing in the world. You furrowed your eyebrows at his gesticulation, though the forehead flick really made you realise the stupidity of what you had just said without thinking. "You're lucky you're pretty," he sighed, "I think you really are still drunk. If there was a silent disco we would hear off key singing and people's feet shuffling on the ground."

You shrugged your shoulders insouciantly, before refocusing your attention on whatever the hell was happening, or more like whatever the hell wasn't happening, on the other side of this goddamn door.

"Chuu, why are we still in the bathroom?" You raised a brow quizzically. "Surely we should investigate."

"Good question," he responded, patting your cheek with his hand before rising to his feet. He offered his hand and helped you up, too. You had to pull your dress down because it kept riding up to your ass. "Do you want to do the honours?" He motioned to the doorknob.

You almost laughed, before taking a step back. "Yeah...no." You crossed your arms over your chest, shaking your head from side to side to truly encapsulate that no. "If there is some kind of flesh-eating monster waiting for us on the other side of this door, I'd rather you get eaten first. It would give me enough time to run."