Thirteen | Uh-oh.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

It was a beautiful day today.

The sunshine was so sweet, a nectar bestowed to the bees by each fragrant bloom. It was the gift of sun that rendered each moment so rich, so buoyant, conjuring the wands of green to rise skyward. To you, it was a symphony of mephitic colours, one that brought the sensation of bliss to your bones. A chorus of greens danced in a celebratory wind, each of them ever ignited by sunlight.

You were laying in the hammock, causally rocking from side to side with your arm covering your eyes; allowing your body to visibly relax. Today was what you considered a rest day. You had nothing to do, no missions to complete, and nobody to bother you. Today, it was just you, the wonderful weather, the call of nature, and pure solace. The scent of flowers were soul-food for your aromatic sensibility, for it nurtured the part of you that was as heaven-sent as the floral bloom.

Daisuke was playing in the fountain a couple of meters away from where you were currently residing; floating around and swimming about. He seemed to be enjoying himself. It was your only responsibility today—to take care of him. There was an octagonal pool that surrounded the fountain, water spraying many feet into the dry summer air from the lips of a busty mermaid. The droplets arced high before cascading down at the will of gravity.

The rays of the sun alighted on your skin—bringing light to the darkness that had ensued as your arm was currently covering your eyes to shield yourself from the bright beams, and yet, you were as relaxed as ever. You had nothing to worry about. Nobody to kill. Your eyes were closed. In the sunshine, in the steady breeze that touched so gently, you began to nap, to let your wakeful thoughts morph into the metaphor of dreamland. You felt your lips form into a small smile of their own accord—but the smile only lasted momentarily, instantly falling when you suddenly felt an unwanted presence looming over you; blocking the sunlight like an unwelcome storm cloud.

You breathed out a heavy sigh, before you removed your arm from your eyes and unflaggingly opened them, instantly being greeted by the one person that you did not want to see today leaning over you with his arms crossed over his chest; blue eyes narrowed.

"Your big fat head is blocking the sun." You gritted out. And just like that, his looming presence alone, akin to an exasperated elf, shattered your once cheerful mood. "Please do me the honour and move out of the way. You're ruining my beauty sleep."

"Beauty sleep, my ass." Chuuya leaned forward, his chin jutting out in a most menacing manner. "Well that clearly isn't working for you—is it?"

You merely scoffed in response, allowing the light breeze cascading in the air to gently rock the hammock. "Are you blind? I'm literally hot."