Thirty-Four | Fire and Ice.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the playlist above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;) 🌶

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The car sped through the busy and bustling roads; the sleek length of it gliding like a compressed snake across the asphalt. The fiery glare dripping from the lampposts as the car whizzed by warmed the darkened windows that you and Chuuya were looking out of in complete and utter silence. You liked these windows because they were tinted, meaning that nobody could actually see into the car, whereas you could easily see out of it. The two of you were sitting in the back, Chuuya on the left and you on the right; each of you taking a window seat, leaving quite a large gap between you.

The driver had the partition rolled up because he firmly believed that people had a right to their privacy, and also because he had told you that he was putting his wireless earphones in and blasting music, and he didn't want either of you to catch him jamming out crazily in the middle of his own concert whilst he was driving.

Fair enough, you thought—although you wouldn't at all have minded joining his one-man party had you been invited.

Meanwhile, your target was laying unconscious in the boot of the car; duct tape over his mouth and a thick rope tied tightly around his wrists that were forced to remain bound behind his back, as well as his legs that had been clamped together in order to keep him from kicking, thrashing about and most importantly, escaping if he had woken up earlier than expected.

Chuuya's eyes were fixed on the scenery passing by outside; his head resting against the window. Traffic was sprinkled upon the blacktop tonight as if the roads were a play set that came with a plethora of cars. Silence was swimming in the air betwixt you, but predominantly for you, it was a rather uncomfortable silence because you were just itching to start a conversation; you couldn't stand the silence for this long, especially not a chatterbox like yourself who could talk for the entirety of Japan.

You shifted on the leather seat, the smooth surface sticking to your bare legs beneath the sexy satin black dress you wore. You tapped your fingers on the armrest as you stared out the window, still feeling somewhat uncomfortable being submerged under such profound silence. Long stretches of the bustling city of Yokohama at this time of night had swept past, punctuated by tall, stately buildings decorating the landscape. You had also noticed a lot of trees. A chorus of deep, forestry greens danced in a celebratory wind, each of them ever ignited by moonlight.

You sighed, unable to withstand the silence any longer; the urge to speak suddenly overtaking you. You turned your head towards him and watched as Chuuya seemed to be lost in his own world; the ball of his cheek resting in the palm of his gloved hand as he was mindlessly staring out the window. You couldn't really tell what he was thinking; his eyes focusing on the passers by walking down the street, large shopping bags in each hand, and drunken girls waiting for a taxi, shivering in their coatless figures and short dresses.