Forty-Eight | Day Four.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Board meeting?

More like bored meeting.

You almost laughed at your own joke—but you had to hold your breath in order to stifle the oncoming flurry of laughter threatening to escape you.

You might have naturally been an attention whore, but the last thing that you had wanted today was for any of the attention to be on you, especially not while you and the rest of the Port Mafia members minus Kouyou and Akutagawa were currently in the middle of a tediously long board meeting, sitting around an elongated table, with Mori talking and talking and talking away and you not listening to a single damn thing that he had to say because you didn't give a flying fuck. Everything that he was currently saying had just gone in one ear and out the other.

He was just that uninteresting.

And he was annoying.

You let out a long-suffering sigh, something that you had been doing quite a lot recently, as you looked down at the table and observed all the little dents and scratches and chips that had decorated the light wood; a collection of memoirs of all the different people who had sat in this exact seat before you, and who were also probably just as bored as you currently were. Your finger traced a vivid blue line that might have been caused by someone drawing or writing something on a piece of paper and accidentally dragging their pen off the paper and onto the tabletop. You were genuinely that bored that you were actually trying to guess the origin story of a fucking pen mark, and with Gin sitting next to you—the ball of her cheek resting on the palm of her hand, you could tell that she was also just as bored as you had appeared to be.

Higuchi, who was sitting diagonal to you and Gin seemed overly concentrated on what was being said; leaning back in her seat with her arms folded across her chest—her demeanour stern and serious—her countenance coinciding with her austere manner. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a low bun, not a single strand out of place, which meant that she was in business mode, making sure that she was taking a mental note of everything that was being said during this meeting so that she could fill Akutagawa in later since he was currently on a mission. Honestly, you didn't think that these useless ass board meetings were even worthy enough to fuss over, but when it came to remotely anything to do with Akutagawa, the man who she had been pining over for a very long time now with her unrequited love, she had lost all sense of self and was ready to submit to his every command and cater to his every need. 

Your eyes rolled of their own volition just thinking of how annoying she could be at times when it came to him, but then again, you understood that she had deep-rooted feelings for him, and you could never shame her for that—especially because you, yourself had deep feelings for someone, too, so you somewhat understood how she felt, except your feelings for that special someone were definitely reciprocated unlike Higuchi's.