Fifty-Two | It's Still Day Six But We Have Some Development, Yay!

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! :)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

You were angry.

Anger boiled deep within your system, as hot as molten lava. It churned and simmered, hungry for destruction, and you knew that it was way too much for you to handle. The pressure of this raging sea of sheer anger would have probably forced you to say things that you did not mean—or to express any thoughts that you may have tried to subdue for the past six days now. You weren't the type of person to cause a scene, especially not in a public setting, you had a lot more class than that—you were the type of person who bottled up your emotions until it became too much for you to handle and then you erupted like a volcano; crashing, burning and destroying everything in your wake.

And you knew that if you had stayed there for even a second longer—then you were going to end up stomping over to Chuuya and slapping him right across the face in front of everyone. Dazai would have definitely loved to see that.

A foreboding sense of betrayal had instantly winded its way through your gut as you had observed Chuuya and Ruby from your seat, the two of them sitting next to each other, whispering to one another like a pair of childhood lovers exchanging their deepest, darkest and most intimate secrets. You felt like he had used you, and fed you all these lies just to get what he wanted in the end. You didn't understand. You couldn't piece together how the hell he had managed to switch just like that without an explanation. It was almost terrifying. You didn't understand how one day he could be telling you how much he wanted you, how he would die if he didn't have you, to suddenly pretending as if you didn't exist; extinguishing the fire that had once burnt wildly between you.

You knew that you had to get out of everyone's way before you had exploded in your furious state—hence why, you were currently standing in the middle of an empty hallway, with your back pressed against a wall. You knew that this feeling would eventually pass, but while it still hadn't, you were also very well aware of the fact that you could really hurt people if you didn't leave as soon as possible. So you left. You walked away from the situation. It was probably the most mature thing you could do. You needed to take a time out and calm yourself down so that you were able to think rationally.

As a child, your anger and irrationality was what had gotten you into a shit load of trouble—and just thinking about the punishments that you had received for your violent temper and outbursts that were really just a cry for help at the time made your skin crawl. You momentarily closed your eyes and allowed your breathing to return to its regular pattern, and you tipped your head towards the ceiling, your mind travelling back to the past. You remembered that the emotional abuse you had endured was just as horrific; leaving you shattered with nobody to pick up the broken pieces but yourself. Every facet of your personality as a young child was denigrated and shunned. You were less than nothing, not even as loved as an object to be used. Every look that came your way from the two people that were meant to love and cherish you the most in this world was laced with contempt, annoyance that you had taken up house-room and ate. Every bite you were thrown was measured, thin and mean as the nourishment was.