thirty four

"You two. Come with me to the office. Rei, come with me too." Coach said sternly with a stone face that sent shivers down our spine. Maybe not Miyuki's one but definitely down mine.

Finally, he reluctantly let go me, and I took this chance to sprint away from his reach, not wanting to be grabbed again.

"Crystal-san, wait up!" Miyuki exclaimed as he jogged to catch up to me.

Looking at him wanting to catch up to me, I sprinted all the way to the coach's office, taking over coach and Rei-chan to his office.

I heard heavy foot steps catching up to me.

"Damn it, Miyuki. What the hell do you want from me?" I muttered annoyingly to myself.

I looked back and saw a playful and teasing smirk plastered on his lips. When we made eye contact, he licked his lips. My face heated up and I immediately turned my head to look in front.

"Crystal-san, you should know that I am very resilient and I don't give up easily. I chase everything I want with my full power." The voice beside me suddenly spoke.

Chase what you want with full strength? What the hell?

I shook off thise irrelevant thoughts out of my mind and just said, "Your urge and want to get kicked out of the team is very huge I see. I sincerely hope you'll succeed." I gave him a sincere smile.

"You've got it wrong. The one I want is right beside m-

Bang!

Thank goodness I still looked at where I was going. Did he just stupidly run into the door? Ouch, that must've hurt.

Instead of showing my concern, I laughed historically.

He glanced up at me and rolled his eyes, all while rubbing his head.

"Are you blind or just stupid? Serve you right for tormenting me earlier." I said in the midst of laughing.

"Is something wrong?" A stern yet calm voice rang behind us. It was Rei-chan.

"Yes, of course." I looked behind and smiled.

"Crystal-san, are you blind? I'm literally injured." Miyuki scoffed.

"Miyuki-san, are you really injured? Well that's too bad then. You'd have to sit out of training for the next three weeks. What a pity." I fake sighed in sorrow.

"Act- actually, Rei-chan, I think it's all good now. You see, no injuries! Nothing at all!" Miyuki jumped up.

I rolled my eyes the three of us proceeded to get into Coach's office.

When coach got into the office, he slammed the door rather loud, shocking all of us. He turned around and walked towards us. The atmosphere was so tense it was as if a kidnapped was walking towards his victims, thinking of ways he can torture them.

Since Miyuki and I were standing side by side, he walked all the way to in front of us, placing each hand on our shoulders. He then sternly looked down on us and said, "You two. Is there anything going on between both of you?"

"No." I immediately said.

"Wait, really?" Miyuki whipped his head at me shockingly.

"Yes." I slowly turned my head and coldly and calmly said.

"Right..." He pouted like a sad puppy.

What the hell? Why was he so sad when I told the truth?

"Well then, are there any feelings between the both of you?" Coach asked again.

"N-" before I could answer, coach whipped his head at me and said with an almost-threatening-voice, "Let's allow Miyuki to answer this time round."

I swallowed a lump of saliva down my throat as I nodded my head, manifesting that Miyuki wouldn't say anything stupid.

"No sir, there aren't any feelings between the both of us... right, Crystal-san?" He said calmly. One could hear the slight sadness in his voice if he or she listened closely enough.

I nodded my head profusely to show how much I agreed with Miyuki's statement.

"Alright. You can go now." Coach let go of his grip and walked towards Rei-chan.

So quick... But at least we were out of trouble.

miyuki pov

Why did Crystal's answer and reactions shocked and saddened me a little? Were all the times we spent just... meaningless to her? Has she not felt a thing? Was I just an idiot who actually felt a slight bit of-

"Oi, slow poke hurry up." Crystal, who was a few metres in front of me, turned back to  smile at me.

When I saw that smile, all my thoughts disappeared. That. That was the smile that could make me forget all my worries. Whether she smiled mockingly or not, it was still Crystal's smile that would bring warmth.

coach pov

"They are not doing enough." I said sternly to the woman beside me.

"That's true." The woman, Rei-chan, said as she used her two fingers to push her glasses up. Iconic.

"What should we do?" She continued.

"Let's set them on a date. What about Sunday? Tomorrow would be a good time. To... a theme park?" I suggested excitedly.

These young kids are so stupid. There's obviously some spark between them. There is hope! And if they aren't able to see it, I shall help them!

"Ah, young love between baseballers... Brings back the old times..." I reminisced.