twenty seven

"So uhh... Kazuya, I'm curious what your experience last year was." I asked him shyly.

"Not bad since I am the best catcher. The coach and teammates liked me immediately. What can I say? I am the best and handsome too! Many girls even waited for me after practice was over to give me gifts or encourage me!" He winked in my direction, only to see my eye roll at him.

"You're stupid. Who would fall for you huh?" I whispered to myself and pouted slightly.

"Everyone. Girls fall head over heels for me!" He raised an eyebrow up and smirked.

I felt my heart beating faster and a heat wave over my face.

"Woah woah, no need to get shy!" He teased as he noticed how I was feeling.

"Who's shy huh? I feel sorry for you cuz they must've seen the real you and avoided you. This explains why no girls actually chase you now." I shot back fiercely.

miyuki pov

Look at her blushed face. How cute!

"Watch me as you will soon swoon over me in no time." I whispered under my breath so that she could not hear me.

I then looked up at the sky.

"Oi, look! It's a baseball bat!" I exclaimed as I pointed to the sky.

"No, it's a tree." Crystal chuckled as she layer back down.

"Baseball bat." I argued.

"Miyu- I mean Kazuya, you need to get your degree checked again. It's clearly a tree." Crystal shot back.

"Alright alright, it's a tree. I was wrong." I rolled my eyes as she giggled.

My words were then followed by a comfortable silence.

"You asked me questions earlier.
Now it's my turn. How was your life in America?" I asked her.

"America..." She mumbled.

"I have good friends there. A lot of things happened." I saw her smile bitterly.

"What things?" I asked as I was hoping she would open up to me a little.

"Many things." She answered.

I rolled my eyes and continued," Like..."

She sighed and probably gave in to opening up.

"You know...why I broke up with Chris right?"

"No." I shook my head and got even more keen to listen.

"Long story short, I had to focus on my studies so I ended things with him."  She shrugged.

"Someone has to teach her how to open up because that answer was vague as hell." I thought.

"Do you regret it?" I continued persisting.

Why was I so keen into letting her open up to me? It was because I needed to earn her trust. We had potential to be one of the greatest battery in Japan. She was very skilful in her pitching and I must say I am the best catcher in Japan. Together, I believe we would be amazing. Was there any other reasons to it? Maybe to get closer to her and who knows what might happen in future.

"Kind of. A little bit." She indifferently replied.

My heart felt a little sore knowing that she might have still stayed alongside Chris if it weren't for her studies. I stayed silent while she continued speaking.

"Well, he kind of moved to Japan without telling me after the breakup because his dad was done with business in America. That got me worried and guilty."