seven

Back to present

I could feel my heart aching again. Should I be happy that I finally met him again? Or should I be upset that the guilt would come back and taunt me even more? What if things go back to during junior high? That won't be very pleasing. 

"Oh...Takigawa... Long time no see." I said with one hand rubbing my neck. 

Everyone stared at me, probably wondering why I was calling Chris by his first name and how I knew him.

"HEY! Why are you calling Chris-senpai by his first name? It is very disrespectful miss!" a loud voice called out.

" *cough* Sawamura, does that have anything to do with you?" Coack Kataoka said as he glared at the guy called Sawamura. Sawamura-san looked frightened. Very frightened.

"Anyways, these two girls play baseball back in their hometown, New York. They will be joining our club from today. Please warmly welcome them. " Coach Kataoka said while clapping.

The rest of the guys also began to clap. I then spotted a guy with spectacles, wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and sweats. He had brown eyes and brown hair. I did a little research before coming to Japan and found out that he was the catcher. He looked really cute honestly.

"Are you sure girls can play baseball? I think they should play softball instead. Coach probably made a wrong decision. I don't think they're that good anyway." he said towards the guy with green hair. 

"He did not just say that. I take my words back" I whispered softly to myself. Who does he think he is to comment on people like that anyway? So what if he is a great catcher? He won't be able to play baseball without his teammates anyway.

"Hello, my name is Caroline Rosenstein, but you can call me by my first name. It is nice to meet you! As if." Caroline said.

"Hi, my name is Crystal Rosenstein. You can call me by Crystal. It is my pleasure to meet you guys and play with you in future too!" I tried to hold myself back and smiled as sweetly as I could. 

I was honestly surprised that Caroline could hold herself back now. Maybe she has a plan in her head simulating? I have no idea but no matter what, we are so going to show these guys who they are messing with. 

Seeing that 'four eyes full of himself' guy, and yes I wear glasses too but still, rolling his eyes, I was hoping his eyes would get stuck. I continued,

"Why are-" when I was cut short by Caroline with the cross popping vein on her face.

"Doubt us? Why don't someone try to bat against my sister's pitches? She's a pitcher and I'll be the catcher. Come on! Do you have the guts to do it?" Caroline was this close to punching and kicking everyone. 

"I'll bat against her pitches. It would be a great experience, right Crystal-san?" Tetsuya-chan said, smiling.

There were many guys who doubted us, especially due to the fact that Tetsuya-chan was their best batter and I was just a female pitcher. Who cares though?

"Uhh, Tetsuya-san, I advise you to look closely to her pitches. Her pitches are really good. I played with her before. She knows how to pitch many different kinds of pitches." Chris cut in. Everyone then looked at him, confused.

"Alright, let's go to the field, shall we?" Coach Kataoka cut in. 

"Can I catch for you, Crystal-san?" the four eyed guy asked me when we reached the field.

"I'm really curious on how you pit-"

"No."

"Aw, come on! We are going to form a-"

"Caroline is catching for me. You can watch though."

Seeing that he had no chance of winning this argument, he sighed walking off. I felt good making him walk off defeat. 

I warmed up and stretched my shoulders, preparing to show these guys who they are clearly messing with. The friendly short game finally began. Caroline signaled to me an inside fastball to warm up a little. I lifted my legs up and threw the 156km/h ball in the mitt. Tetsuya-chan tried to bat the ball away but he missed. It was a strike!

I caught the ball Caroline threw back with everyone staring with their mouths open. They did not believe a girl like me could strike out Tetsuya-chan. I was smiling gleefully as I proved to them that I was better than they thought. It was really pleasing to see their stupid faces just confused.

On the second pitch, I threw a fastball to the outside and jammed the batter. The batter could hit the ball but I managed to react fast and catch the ball before it fell onto the ground. Then, it was a screwball, a foul. I threw another screwball and I accidentally threw a ball, oops. I threw a crossfire pitch, not only shocking the whole crowd but also striking out the batter. I then had two strike outs consecutively throwing a screwball and a forkball. Everyone was shocked. They did not believe what they just saw.

"Tetsuya-senpai must have gone easy on you girls because he didn't want to make you girls upset!" the green haired guy said while laughing.

"The heck did you just say?" Caroline said but I managed to hold her back before getting she got into a fight.

When I wanted to open my mouth and say something, someone interrupted me. It was the catcher who was so full of himself.

"No, I don't think he held back. He swung his best and no one would have been able to hit the incredibly fast pitches, without getting a foul or jammed, unless they are lucky." he said while winking at me.

I just rolled my eyes and walked towards Caroline, who was gritting her teeth. I asked her to catch my pitches later and "10 or none" was her reply.

For some reasons, that specs guy wanted to stay to watch me. 

To none of my surprise, most of the guys in the club also stayed in the indoor training area to train, their pitching, catching or muscles. The guys who were training their batting were outdoors. It was really awesome to see everyone working hard together despite the fact that they were tired after a long day of training. It just motivated me to work harder.

Chris was catching for the pitcher, Sawamura-san, I think, and that specs, I don't want to call him by his name because he is annoying heh, was catching for the Furuya-san pitcher and watching my pitchers at the same time.