fifteen

"Come on! One more and we are done with training. Make this your best one." Coach Kataoka encouraged us as he prepared to bat another ball.

It went towards where Isashiki-senpai was. However, it was high and strong. Despite how far the ball had already travelled, it still had the power and speed. Despite this, Isashiki-senpai still ran with all his might even with his sore legs and exhaustion. He sprinted and dived as the ball dropped.

"Plop."

It dropped only a few inches in front of him. He dived too early.

"Pfft. Isashiki-senpai! Is that the best you got?" I shouted while trying to keep in my laughter.

"Oi, underclassmen do not speak like this to their upperclassmen!" he said while standing up and dusting his uniform, looking over his shoulder. A faint blush of embarrassment was visible on his cheeks.

"Don't need to be embarrassed clumsy-senpai. We all make mistakes too, bearded-senpai! Don't mind this small mistake that cost your ego! Don't mind, don't mind! "I shouted to him while giving him a genuine smile. The genuine smile that pissed him off.

"Oi. You- Ryusuke! Back me up! " he shouted at me and turned to the pink-haired senpai, to see him trying to control his laughter.

"Oi, Ryusuke, why are you laughing at me?" he flushed.

"Because it was funny, Jun. You are a third-year and in the first string. How can you make mistakes like that? You even made the first-years laugh at you. Look at Sawamura-kun" he laughed out loud and pointed to Sawamura.

"Spitz-senpai! Don't mind this minor mistake! " Sawamjura said in an encouraging tone while clenching his stomach and wiping his tear from laughing too much.

Shortly, everyone in the diamond burst out laughing. Isashiki-senpai became extremely ashamed and flustered.

We just forgot something.

Caroline then abruptly stopped laughing and questioned, "Aren't we in practice?"

"Oh. Right." Everyone came into realisation.

We all stopped laughing at the stupid mistake senpai made and look at coach. He had a deadly aura surrounding him. It was like he wanted to throw daggers at us but had to refrain himself from doing so as he was our coach. And killing was a crime.

"We are dead." Miyuki-san just said softly, just loud for us but not coach to hear.

"Before we end, run 15 laps around the field." and with that, he left.

"Rosenstein Junior, this is all your fault!" he shot me the death stare.

"You can keep that stupid look for someone else. It is not enough to scare me clumsy-senpai." I snickered and started to run my laps.

I did not see the look or hear anything he said to me after.

"Yo, Crystal-san, you did him good! I must say, I'm impressed." Miyuki popped up from behind with a fist on my back.

Soon, Caroline, Sawamura and Furuya joined us to run.

-after running-

"Alright, hit the showers before going to our dorm. You are strictly not allowed to come in if you have not showered. " Caroline told the boys with a tone as strict as someone from the military giving orders.

Miyuki and Kuramochi just nodded without commenting.

"Crystal, you're so slow! I'm going to shower first if you don't hurry!" Caroline yelled as she ran towards our dorm.

We had a daily duty roster on who was keeping the bases, equipment and whatnot to lighten the managers' workload a little. Coincidentally, mine was today with a few others.

I couldn't do anything but let Caroline run to the dorm and shower first as I was still packing up the equipment and machine.

After I finished my part, I walked tiredly towards our dorm and sat down on the floor while waiting for Caroline to finish showering.

"Hurry up, sis. I'm tired, I want to sleep!" I yelled, just loudly enough for her to hear me.

Moments later, she came out in her oversized T-shirt and black elephant shorts which we got from Thailand.

I went over to the cupboard, grabbed my towel and my pyjamas and headed to the bathroom with my eyelids heavy. I locked the door, removed my clothes and walked into the shower, looking forward to a nice and warm bath after a long day.

I pumped four pumps of shampoo and massaged it into my hair.

"It's only the first day and I'm probably already making enemies (clumsy-senpai and Ryosuke-senpai) and feeling very tired. What a great start." I thought to myself.

After massaging my scalp for 5 minutes, I rinsed the shampoo off and applied hair conditioner, which contains alkali, to neutralise it with the acids in the shampoo. After applying the shampoo, I combed my hair to get the conditioner in. While waiting, I applied soap on my body and sang a little song to relax. I mean, singing helps release stress and make you happy.

I rinsed everything off and took the towel, drying myself when I got out of the shower.

"Ah, dang. I must've been too tired and didn't notice I forgot my Tee. I only took my undergarments and shorts. Whatever, it's just Caroline outside. No biggie. I'll just go out without a shirt and grab it." I muttered to myself.

"Hey, Caroline, I forgot my-" I stopped.

The whole dorm was filled with the boys. What happened to just Kuramochi and Miyuki? Why was there Chris, Sawamura, Ryusuke-senpai, clumsy-senpai, Haruichi, Furuya, Masuko-senpai ans Tetsuya-san?

"Let me take a guess. Sawamura and Furuya asked Miyuki to catch for them. Chris tagged along to check on Sawamura. Kuramochi, Ryusuke-senpai, clumsy-senpai, Tetsuya-san, Masuko-senpai ans Haruichi wanted to practise batting, but Kuramochi and Miyuki dragged them here instead." I said with my arms crossed, displeased.

At the sight of what I was wearing — my black and white Nike tempo track shorts, with just my sports bra, some of the guys looked away while some were blushing. Miyuki turned away immediately with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

"Oh, sorry!" I quickly turned away as I forgot what I was wearing. I did not expect the boys to finish showering so quickly. I grabbed my T-shirt that I did not take earlier on and put it on.

All the guys then turned their heads back and continued whatever they were doing.

"Oi, Kuramochi, you cheated! I want a rematch!" Caroline shouted.

"Hyhaha! As if! You're just lousy and you know it!" Kuramochi smirked.

"You- Oi, Miyuki! You too! When did you-" Caroline said while staring at the screen, only to see Miyuki overtake her at Mariocart.

"Crystal! Come here and team up with me! I need your help to fight these bullies!" she cried.

Since I had nothing to do, I might as well go join them play the game.

"Hey- Crystal-san, stop- oh- wha-"

"Ha! My sister is the best! Try beating that you losers!" Caroline held her nose up high while pointing to me.

As they were squabbling, I walked over to see the first years giving Isashiki-senpai and Ryosuke-senpai a massage, Tetsuya-san and Masuko-senpai playing shogi together, while Chris was just sitting at the corner reading a book. He hasn't changed since high school, has he.

I walked over to Chris after seeing that he was just reading a book and probably had nothing else to do.