twenty nine

"Crystal! Crystal! Wake up. Or. I'm leaving without you. Crystal. Are you a pig or a pig? Why are you so lazy?" I heard someone say as someone pulled my legs.

"Get away!" I yawned and kicked the air to show my annoyance.

"You're going to be late." That person said as he or she climbed down the bed.

"It's Saturday... it's a weekend." I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, still half-conscious.

Saturday. Wait. Saturday. Saturday. Oh.

I sprung out of my bed and took the uniform. I dashed into the bathroom and changed out of my pyjamas. I didn't even think about showering as I would probably be late. Why didn't Caroline wake me up? I took two minutes to change out.

I looked into the mirror, grabbed a hair tie and the nearest comb I could find and started combing my hair up into a ponytail, avoiding yanking my hair due to me rushing. My stomach was churning. I was afraid I would be late and ruin my reputation and image again.

"I didn't even hear my alarm ring this morning..." I thought to myself as I stopped whatever I was doing for a moment.

When I realised I stopped my actions, I rushed even more to get ready. I threw everything I needed into the bag and did not bother to arrange the items. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

I looked up at the clock. Twenty minutes before practice started. I still had some time before practice. I probably won't be late.

"Coming!" I rushed to grab my things and open the door for the unexpected visitor.

"Who would be here right before practice? Unless it's Caroline if she forgot something. Hah, serves her right for leaving me." I chuckled and rolled my eyes to myself while opening the door.

"Yo, what's good?" I smirked and gave the peace sign mockingly as I thought it was Caroline.

When I saw who it was, my eyes widened.

The guest kept blinking at me, shocked of my 'welcome'.

"There's something wrong with your eyes, mister. They keep blinking. You should go check it up." I sarcastically said. Part of me was embarrassed as he just had to see that face early in the morning. I should be thankful he didn't already laugh. He was more taken aback and scared.

"Why the hell are you here before practice, Kazuya?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Checking whether your face needed some surgery. If you go around like that, people might put you in a mental hospital." He smirked back.

"Haha. Very funny Kazuya. But for real though, why are you here." I crossed my arms to show my annoyance.

"Chill Crystal-san. I'm here to pick you up." He said bluntly.

"Wha-"

"Yeah."

"Coach's instructions." He shrugged.

"Oh." I felt relieved. I would never be used to having him 'pick' me up before practice every time. Weirdo.

"He wants you to start pitching to me today and show me all of them." He placed his hands in his pockets.

I nodded my head and checked if I had gotten everything I needed. I shut the door behind me and walked alongside with Miyuki to the practice ground.

miyuki pov

Thank goodness she didn't ask why I had to pick her up. Coach only told me to inform Crystal that she was pitching to me from today onwards. Luckily, Crystal was not suspicious of anything and agreed. I would've had to make a probably lame excuse if she were to be hesitant.