ten

We walked out of the principal's office, and I was contented with my results for the test, even though History was not done as well as the rest of the subject but no one is perfect, right?

"Well, at least I did not fail my Math and Science so badly this time. I guess I will have to buck up on those subjects then. You have to help me though, Crystal! How are you so smart and good at baseball at the same time? I'm jelly." she giggled.

"It's called pulling all-nighters because you actually care about school work, Caroline. But yeah, sure I can help you study." I replied. As I was better at Math and Science, my sister would always ask me a few questions or help her study, and I would help with the questions that I knew how to do.

"You girls look like you're having fun, aren't you?" a voice called from behind.

Knowing that we were the only girls here, we turned our backs to find the green-haired guy and four-eyes.

"Oh, hey, green-haired guy. Nice to see you again." Caroline said sarcastically.

"My name is Kuramochi. Nice to meet you too," he said with a cross popping mad on his face. He had a scary aura behind him.

"Anyways, how did you do for the placement tests?" Miyuki asked me to loosen the tension between Caroline and Kuramochi.

"Well, Miyuki-san, we did fine, thank you. There is no need to-" I said when I was cut halfway.

"Oh! You finally learnt your lesson to not call me four-eyes! I am proud of you, Crystal-chan!" he said after hearing me say his name instead of his nickname.

Kuramochi and Caroline then stared at us confusingly, obviously not knowing what happened between us. Thus, to make things less awkward than it already was thanks to that guy, I had to say something.

"We did alright for the tests. What are you doing here anyway?" I said.

"Rei-chan told me to take you girls shopping, and Kuramochi had nothing to do so he tagged along. We were walking to the principal's office when you guys came out." Miyuki said.

"Yeah, we have to be back by 6pm, latest though. Or we would need to do sprints. Coach hates it when we are late." Kuramochi added.

"Can we see your test results? We are just curious about how you do in school." Miyuki said.

"We didn't do very well though. I did badly for History too. I had a C right?" I asked as I handed my result slip to him.

Caroline also reluctantly handed him and Kuramochi her results as she did not want them to see the results of her Math and Science.

"Shya Ha Ha! Caroline your math-" the green-haired guy laughed iconically.

"Sh-Shut up! I know I got a D and failed my Math and Science but you don't have to be rude and rub it in, you know?" Caroline said, visibly embarrassed. Her head was turned to her right side to hide the tomato coloured face.

"What? You only failed third-year Science. The other Math and Science subjects you achieved a C. Not a very good score but your History and Japanese is surprisingly good for someone not from Japan!" Kuramochi said.

"Wait... Oh. My. God. Crystal! Can you believe it? I got a C! That's awesome!" she said cheerfully.

"You... you have so many A+'s... How are you so...?" Miyuki asked as he stared at my results, eyes wide open and mouth in the shape of an O.

"A+? Isn't it just an A? I got a B for third-year Science though." I replied nonchalantly.

"You got an A for third-year Science too."

That was when it hit me that the grading system in Japan and America were different. The grading system in Japan was more... "lenient".

"Woah, you are good at baseball and in your schoolwork too! That's amazing!" Kuramochi said.

"Yep! That is my sister for you!" Caroline said proudly as if he was referring to her.

"I'm not talking about you, why are you so cocky? Hyhaha!" Kuramochi said and smirked.

Caroline was pissed and rolled her eyes, clenching her fists. 

The tension then became awkward. No one knew what to say or do, especially to the two jerk heads. We all could sense this awkwardness but didn't know what to do about it.

"Anyways, Rei-chan told us to tell you that she has your uniform and you guys have to collect it after we get back. What are you going to shop for anyway?" Miyuki said to break the awkwardness.

We nodded our heads and got to our dorms. We were going to put our things down before going shopping, and maybe grab a jacket in case it was cold in the mall. 

When we reached the door of our dorm, the guys stood outside to wait for us, and we went in to get ready. Soon, we grabbed our belongings, money, a jacket and a small bag for shopping. 

"How much allowance do you get a month?" Miyuki asked with one of his eyebrow up. 

"If I'm not wrong, it should be US150," I said.

 (i srsly have no idea where like the "hatred" against miyuki went but yes I'll try)

"That is actually a lot. About 16000 Japanese Yen." Miyuki said after a bit of calculation.

"How am I supposed to trust your Math and calculations?" I said bluntly.

"Excuse me, I'll have you know that I am always the top three of the class for Math every semester! My Math is awesome! " he said and had the stupid smile plastered on his face.

"Pfft, what a joke! You are-"

"Hey! Words hurt, you know that four eyes?" he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes and it will get stuck there eventually. Actually, keep rolling them. I'd like to see them get stuck. Heh." I said with a smirk on my face.

Caroline and Kuramochi just walked awkwardly together when we were exchanging insults to one another. Caroline was fiddling with her fingers, while Kuramochi pretended that nothing was happening.

"Let's just go shopping," I said to not let it be awkward between the four of us and was slightly irritated by Miyuki just bragging about how smart of awesome he was.

After a ten minutes bus ride, we finally reached the mall. The exterior of the mall was amazing. It had pictures of animated characters outside it. It was really adorable! There were also many people and food stalls. Beside the enormous mall was a super cute park. There were people jogging, exercising and chilling while reading newspapers. The atmosphere was very lively and I enjoyed it. People seemed to be happy and carefree, with a warm smile plastered on their faces. 

"Ouch, sorry!" I said when a little boy bumped into me.

"I'm sorry, big sister! I wasn't watching where I was going." the boy bowed down.

A surge of cuteness overwhelmed me. He was so cute! And very polite too. The people in Japan are really polite and nice. I guess moving to Japan was not a really bad idea after all, except for the fact that the boys back at Seidou, but it was nice overall.

When we got into the mall, Kuramochi immediately said, "We are going to find a cafe and wait for you girls. I am so not going shopping with you!"

"Do you have a bad memory of going shopping or do you hate going shopping with girls?" Caroline teased.

"Sh- Shut up! I just find it very boring." Kuramochi said as he had an embarrassing look on his face.

"Awh, how are you supposed to get a girlfriend with this attitude?" Caroline continued teasing.

"Well, I don't care and it's none of your business!" he said, pissed while pulling Miyuki to the nearest cafe he could find.

We just waved and giggled. Who knew Kuramochi actually hated shopping?