fourteen

"Alright! Let's go!" Isashiki said, and just had to add, "You girls try to keep up okay?", smirking.

I wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off his face and showed him who's boss.

And I got my chance.

The coach bat the ball far into the centre field. Once I knew it was coming in my direction, I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me. When it was close to dropping on the ground, I dived to catch the ball.

"Are you okay?" a voice rang.

I stood up, dusted my clothes, and lifted my hand to show the ball.

Everyone was left shocked.

Isashiki POV

"Woah. How in the world does she do that? She predicted where the ball was going to go, and literally ran for it. It went really far, anyone would think it would be a home run, yet she gave it her all to catch it. Our underclassman really is something else." I thought after watching what happened.

"Even I would think that was a home run and would not go as hard for it," I said to myself.

I looked in her direction with a shocked look on my face. She saw my priceless face and smirked at me.

It was impressive, but I had to keep my ego and just replied the smirk with "Maybe that was a fluke or just luck." and turned back to face the batter.

Crystal's POV

"Seriously?" I whispered to myself and rolled my eyes. "Whatever, I didn't look for acceptance from them anyway."

Just then, Caroline shouted to me, "Hey, don't take all the spotlight, sis! Leave some to me alright?" and she laughed.

"Nah, I'm going to take it all," I replied while laughing.

Everyone looked confused but went back to their game mode as they were quite used to the fact that we spoke in English to one another.

The coach then prepared to bat another ball for us to catch.

"Piang", and the ball went flying. The coach hit it hard. It flew into the left-field where Caroline was. It was high and going far. It had a lot of power in it and would definitely a lot of skill to predict and catch the ball.

Caroline's POV

"This ball is mine," I thought in my head. I knew I was going to catch it. I will catch it. There was no doubt about that. As soon as I kind of calculated where the ball would slow down and drop a little, I sprinted there as fast as my legs could carry me. My Math may not be as good, but I can assume when and where I can catch the ball.

I was running faster than the ball, with it just flying above me. With that, I stopped in my tracks, and jumped as high as I could, my hands reaching out in the sky to catch the ball.

"Bang." the ball was in my mitt. What a wonderful noise that made. I loved that sound. I catch the ball with the best I've got just to hear that sound, however weird that may sound.

Crystal's POV

After Caroline did that amazing stunt, everyone was shocked. The looks on their faces were literally priceless. Their mouths were wide open a frog could fit inside it. It was nice seeing the looks on their faces, though.

"Caroline is pulling off those stunts and showing off again. Not that I actually mind though. The looks on their faces are hilarious." I thought to myself.

She would normally pull off tricks like that, in a practise match, friendly match, a real match or the nationals. Her assumptions of where the ball will go is scarily accurate sometimes. Even I could not do that sort of sorcery. At least I can still pitch.

"Piang" and the ball went short to shortstop and Kuramochi caught it with ease.

"Piang" Tetsu-san sprintes but still caught it.

"Piang"

"Piang"

"Piang"

And a few more thousand rounds of the coach batting.

Everyone took turns to play with us to get used to our playing style. Soon, everyone got used to it and it was back to playing with the first-string members. Obviously, Caroline and I were playing without stopping the whole training and we were sweating rivers. The back of our shirts were stained with sweat marks and we look like we were drenched in the rain. Huffing and puffing to take more oxygen in, I tired not to lose focus despite the exhaustion I had after training forever and ever.

Coach did not even look tired or sore from swing close to a thousand balls, It was amazing, but we were tired. Caroline and I were. The others were also tired from running for one hundred balls or more.

I have never played with anyone who bat a whole lot of balls as their arms would go sore, so I never had to run so much without getting a breather.

I looked over to Caroline — she was breathing as heavily as I was. Her cheeks were red and she was probably also wondering how the coach was still going.

After a few more rounds, all of us could not take it, and one by one, we were kneeling on the floor, exhausted and tired.

"Just a few more rounds and we are done! Don't give up." Coach Kataoka stated.

However, no one seemed to care. We were all too tired to even respond or lift our heads up.

My legs were aching to the core. My core and arms was sore from running and catching so much. It was even more tiring then training kk America.

"Tetsu?" Coach Kataoka said and looked over to Tetsu-san who was also on the floor, barely making it.

It took awhile before Tetus-san started, "Come on, guys. Let's persevere to the very end! And it is almost the end soon! Let's go!"

Everyone got back up to their feet, even Caroline and I. We all had smiles full of determination. We wanted to finish this training, and finish it well. We want to give it our all for us to improve.

yoo i'm sorry i've not been vvv active cuz i had exams this week. yeahh i have a science and english literature tomorrow, and another test on monday. after that i'm free as a bird ahh finally HAHAAHAJA i'm so gonna die after i receive the test results but yess wish me luck

i hope you enjoyed this chapter ~~

byeee !!