twenty eight

crystal pov

As we walked to my dorm, there was an awkward atmosphere. No one wanted to speak. I didn't want to make Miyuki feel more awkward from earlier so I kept my mouth shut. Why did he need to walk me back anyway?

Come on, why is my dorm so far away? This is just the worst.

Soon, we reached my doorstep.

"Goodnight." Miyuki waved.

"Night." I replied as he walked away.

"HELLO! WELCOME BACK!" someone exclaimed as I opened the door to my dorm. I got startled and almost fell down from the shock.

"Caroline... what are you doing?" I shiok my head to show my disapprovement.

"How was your date? Tell me everything! I want to know everything. In detail. Now. You're not going to sleep before you tell me everything about your little date." She ignored my question and continued babbling.

"Look, sis, this ain't a date alright." I retaliated.

However, it didn't seem to work.

"I know the difference between a date, and a hang out. Plus, Miyuki was pulling your hand so romantically." She put her hands together and looked dreamily into the air.

"Kazuya and I just hung out as friends. Friends, get it?" I glared at her.

"First name basis our huh." She winked at me.

"I'm going to sleep. You can dream on about you and Kuramochi instead. I saw you two were getting pretty intimate out there." I winked back.

"Not as intimate as you and 'Kazuya' " she chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom to take another shower. Before I could even enter, Caroline grabbed my wrist.

Shoot, flashbacks of when Miyuki holding my wrist to that area went through my head. We... were like in a romance novel or movie. It was a 'moment'. My heart started racing and my breathing quickened.

"You okay?" Caroline asked, worried.

I nodded my head and she let go of my hand. She made sure it was not some kind of panic attack and went on, "Clothes."

"Right." I walked towards my cupboard and took some pyjamas.

"Hey, sis. Can I ask... do you like Miyuki? I'm not implying anything. I was just curious. Or... are you still into Chris?" Caroline slowly asked me.

When I heard her question, I stopped doing whatever I was doing. Whether I liked Chris or Miyuki? I had no idea. Wait, was this even a question? Of course I prefer Chris! Why would I fall for an egoistic catcher with a twisted personality. Then... what about Noah back in America?

Caroline doesn't know I had/ have a crush on Noah so I'm not going to risk telling her. I cant also let her 'imagine' things between Miyuki and I, so I figured Chris was the best bet.

"Of course Chris. Why would I not choose Miyuki anyway? Chris is way better and plus, we had a bond and many moments together. I've spent a lot of time with him. I miss thé moments we had together and the cuddles. It was cute." I spilled everything out.

"Alright." Caroline looked a little disappointed but I carried on with my grabbing of clothes.

Soon after, I was in the shower, washing my head. As I moved my hands to massage my scalp, I couldn't help my mind but wonder about the big question.