twenty two

It was around 4pm when the match ended. In the end, Seidou won with 11 runs and Kokudoukan with 7 runs. It was a close match.

After bowing to thanks the other team and the umpires, Coach Kataoka gathered us up to inform us about the gameplay.

Coach Kataoka started, "Today, we will be choosing the two members who will be joining the first-string members. I have some people in mind, but need further consideration. The results will be told tonight."

Right, the first-string members... I was too focused I forgot. I have a feeling who was going to get in, but who can say for sure except the coach?

The coach continued, "Crystal-san, I want to see you after everyone is dismissed."

With the tone of his words, a shiver went up my spine. I knew today's performance wasn't the best, but I still felt bad. Whatever that could have risked Chris' future was my fault.

"Everyone, go pack up and get ready to leave. Crystal-san, meet me now." the Coach said strictly which silenced everyone. Not like everyone was chattering to begin with.

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I haven't had this feeling in a long time. I always did well for matches, even with or without an injury... except for the other time...but this time was just a mini injury. Why couldn't I have done my best? Was it because of the change in players? The catcher? The fielders? What's wrong?

I walked up to the coach, trying to not look so scared as possible. When I was within a metre distance, man I could feel his aura.

"Crystal-san. Do you think you performed your best today?" the coach asked me.

I shook my head, "No, coach. I don't think I have performed my best today. I could have done a much better job."

The coach then sternly replied, "We are going to have another match coming up. You'll be playing with the first-strong this time. Mess it up again and you're out."

With that, he walked away. I felt tears coming up my eyes. I was sort of hurt by what he said, but I knew it was all for my good.

"I could've done better without my injury relapse and my body tending. What a waste." I said to myself.

Suddenly, I felt someone grip on my shoulder. I got shocked but turned around.

"Oi, oi. People make mistakes sometimes. Plus, your ankle wasn't alright. Don't take it too hard on yourself." and Miyuki lightly punched my back as a form of encouragement and walked forward.

"Wow a little encouragement from that egoistic catcher? What strings did you pull, sis?" Caroline cane chuckling to me.

"N-nothing! You can't play baseball alone, you have to encourage your teammates once in a while you know!" I flushed.

"Whatever you say." Caroline pouted and walked off.

Before leaving for school, we were given a mini toilet break to relieve ourselves if we had to. Thus, I went to the toilet.

"Don't touch me!" I turned my head to the corner to see the female who was cheering for me being preyed on by two adult males.

"Sweety, just give us the money. I see you have a branded bag, so of course you'd have a lot of money." The middle-aged man said.

"Oi, pick on someone your own size who old man! If you have no money don't go around robbing!" I shouted loud enough for them to hear me.

Once they did, I immediately regretted shouting — I had no idea how to stop those guys.