twenty

We had to take time to adjust to this Oinikawa's pitching style, which was quite difficult to, considering that most pitchers know how to control their pitch. In the end, he gave up some walks and one run, so we did not score any points.

I was still in the bullpen pitching to Ono.

"Bang!"

What a satisfying sound it gave when the ball hit the mitt.

"Crystal-san, coach is calling for you. We'd better get back." Ono voiced out and he got up from his position. I nodded and we began running towards the dugout

Once we reached the dugout, coach began speaking.

"Chris, I want you to catch till the sixth inning." the coach started.

"Wait, seriously? Amazing! I get to play with Chris again! It had been so long!" I whispered to myself. Too bad it was loud enough for Caroline to hear.

"I know right? You'd better not give up any runs alright? Two runs are all I give you. He's a good player. Don't drag him down alright?" Caroline chuckled.

I just rolled my eyes but continued smiling. I finally get to play in a somewhat real match with him. It's been a year already.

~flashback~
"Crystal nice one!" my team mate shouted to me giving me a thumbs up.

"Chris and Crystal definitely form an amazing battery together! No one is able to take runs or walks from you!" another spoke.

I giggles and looked over at Chris. He was smiling ear to ear, probably because it might be his last time playing due to his injury. 

time skip

It was now the bottom of the fourth inning, which means it was my turn to pitch. I did my windup for a fastball.

"Bang!" It went into the mitt quickly.

"Out!" the umpire called.

The batter was shocked, and everyone started cheering. Caroline's voice was surprisingly loud though.

"That's my sister for you!" She shouted, cheering. 

Batter's POV

What the heck was that? It just teleported into that mitt. How fast was the ball? Not to mention, she's a girl isn't she? That girl that shouted was her sister right?

Whatever, I'm going for the next pitch. 

.

.

Wait, did my bat just miss the ball? It...was a slider? This... this catcher and pitcher...Where did the both of them come from? How...

.

.

"Piang!" 

Right, I finally made contact. 

I threw my bat down and started to sprint for the first base. My batting wasn't strong but the ball till got far. Come on, outfielder, don't catch it. Make the pitch fall. 

I dived into the base as soon as I saw the ball coming to the first baseman's mitt. 

"Out."

Dang it, I was too slow. I didn't raise the team's morale. To call myself a cleanup for the team...

I walked back to my dugout with my head low, somewhat apologising to the team for not being fast enough. 

"Sor-" I was cut off.