twenty three

I kept rubbing my sprained ankle, spreading the ointment around the area.

"Ugh, stupid pain just go away!" I whisper cried.

No doubt I have been injured a handful of times, sometimes even very major injuries, but I still couldn't get used to the sharp pain. I mean, who would like this kind of pain?

"Yo, Crystal, I'm back. I just let Miyuki-san in earlier. Did anything happen between both of you guys?" Caroline came in with a smirk.

"Pfft, you wish. I was gonna ask whether anything happened between you and Kuramochi." I winked back at her while still rubbing my ankle sitting on the bed.

"N-nothing happened! We just met to discuss the stats and stuff. Nothing happened! Trust me!" Caroline turned to her left with a faint pink dusted on her cheeks.

"I wasn't accusing. Why so defensive?" I chuckled.

caroline pov

There really isn't anything happening between Kuramochi and I. Plus, he's just being really annoying. We just discussed about today's match and stuff.

So why is my face burning? Why is my heart beating so fast? I- I didn't catch feelings for him right? Nah, impossible. He's a teammate. I probably just made a good friend.

Even if I did, would he even like me back?

Ugh, Caroline! Why are you thinking about these stupid puppy love things? You have more important things to focus on like baseball and school! I don't have time for hugh school romance or love!

I was shaking my head and slapped myself in the cheeks with both my hands.

"Ooo, that sounds like it hurts. What were you thinking of, huh?" Crystal got up from rubbing her ankle and skipped to my side, nudging me.

"I'm focusing on baseball." I said abruptly, getting a Crystal with a "whaaa" face in return.

To lessen the intensity of the atmosphere, I reminded Caroline, "We have to go to the Indoor training area now. It's almost time."

crystal pov

"Right," I said and started to take all the things needed, nothing much honestly.

With that, the both of us ran to the indoor training area, afraid to be late. I was obviously more afraid as my first impression of playing as a pitcher in a real match did not go as well as I wanted it to. So, I obviously cannot make the impression of me any worse.

"You girls ran all the way here from the dorms in those clothings?" Kuramochi and Isashiki walked up to us laughing.

I had no idea why they were together but they were.

"Huff... yeah huff... we aren't late right?" I asked while wiping my perspiration from my forehead. Running in sweat pants are not desirable. At all. My legs are so warm but I couldn't do anything about it. It's not like I could rip this sweats off in front of everyone.

Just then, a familiar face walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. He had a dark face and an aura behind him.

"Okay, you guys take your time. The three of us will go..." Caroline said while pulling Kuramochi and Isashiki away. It was obvious she was quite terrified with Miyuki's face expression as she was not used to it. She also did not want Kuramochi or Isashiki involved.

"So it was just me. Alone. Facing this catcher. How nice of you Caroline. At least let me have Isashiki so he could help me!" I cried in my head and had anime tears streaming down my face.