thirty

"Everyone, continue your trainings from yesterday. Pitchers practice pitching with different catchers. The rest will practise running to bases and home and fielding. For the first string players (which have not been confirmed btw), I have an announcement to make to you guys. Please remain behind while the others train. Dismissed." The coach said with his usual tone and the usual look on his face.

Everyone ran and got onto their respective training ground, pitchers and catchers in the bullpen, others on the field. Some were even running and sprinting to build up their stamina.

"Alright, managers, please hand out the forms." The coach started.

I took the forms, thanked them and look down at it.

"America... friendly match... next week..." I skimmed and scanned through the papers.

"Next Tuesday to Friday, we will be travelling to America to have a friendly match with Crystal-san and Caroline-san's former team. The rest of the time can be used for your shopping or self training at the sport facilities." The coach informed.

"America? That's so cool! I want to pitch!" A loud voice boomed and it was none other than Sawamura. He had sparkling eyes showing his enthusiasm and determination.

"However, Crystal and Caroline will be playing with them, not us." The coach smirked.

I smirked, "I get to play with them again... it won't be the last time we will be playing together though... and we'll show Seidou what we've got."

"They are the nation's champion team, so please do your best. I hope that you can understand that we are unable to bring the whole team of 90 boys to play."

"Yes." We all exclaimed, visibly excited for our trip.

"Let your parents know and transportation will be subsidised. If anything, let the managers or me know before Monday." The coach ended off.

We were all dismissed from the mini meeting and went to practise.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around.

"I'm catching for you, remember?" Miyuki flicked my forehead. I rolled my eyes and cover the bruise with my palm.

"When we go over to America next week..." He said. Curiosity got the better of me so I turned behind to listen in on what he had to say.

"Let's hang out more and you can be my personal tour guide!" He gave me a thumbs up.

"Self-centred much?" I stuck my tongue out at him and walked to the bullpen to warm my arms up as Miyuki got his catcher gears.

"Bang!" The sounds was made as Sawamura's pitch made contact with the opposite catcher's mitt.

"Alright! Ono-senpai! Let's do this!" He raised his fit in the air and exclaimed. He was probably still ecstatic about the news earlier.

"Sawamura-san really is energetic today. How about we shut him up with your pitching?" Miyuki told me while smirking as he kneeled into position in front of me. I smirked back and nodded my head slightly.

"Good. Give me your fastest and most powerful fastball." He raised his mitt to his chest level and said.

I lifted my leg and did my wind up.

"Bang!" The sound echoed through the whole bullpen. A look of shock was visible on Miyuki's face and I was proud knowing that I was the cause of it.

"Cr- Crystal-san... amazing... so loud... Let's do this again Ono-senpai!" He whipped his face at me and back at Ono-san.

"This isn't a competition-" Ono tried to speak but was interrupted by Sawamura's wind up. Sighing, he focused back on catching.