three

I climbed up the stairs towards my room after showering. My hair was wet and wrapped in a towel. I was in my pyjamas. I sat on the bed, revising what just happened. Tears began to flow down uncontrollably. "Did it really have to end like that?" I thought to myself. My hands covered my face and I burst into tears. 

~Earlier~

"I'm going to move to Japan. My father and mother has some business to do there. We won't be back until two years."

"What? How are we supposed to play with each other then?" Nathan asked.

"Who is going to pitch for me if you go?" Noah sulked.

We talked a little bit, discussing about things we would do before my leave and what we would do to stay in contact. The time zones are completely different, so we arranged a time to call each other every week.

~Present~

Then, I thought of something -- he's in Japan, right? If I move there, I just might be able to meet him again. It was the only positive thought that I had about moving to Japan. 

Soon, I managed to stop crying and the tears on my cheeks eventually dried up. My hair has also dried and I thought it was time to sleep to prepare for practice tomorrow. I was also going to research a little bit more about the school tomorrow. 

I closed my eyes, and gradually lost consciousness and fell asleep.

~Next morning during practice~

Caroline and I walked up to coach, wanting to tell him what we knew. 

"Hi, girls. I got an email from your father last night, and I know it is difficult for us to accept the reality but there is nothing we can do to change it. I also heard you girls got accepted to Seidou. Seidou High School had a really good baseball club, so while you are there, you can improve on your skills and come back better. Ah, right, if you could, can you arrange an away game for the club to New York? I would love to play with them."' the coach told us. 

It was soon the last few minutes of practice. Coach then gave us the time to tell everyone that we were moving to Japan and would not be able to play with them in high school. The mood and atmosphere was sad, but this gave everyone the motivation to work hard. 

"Make us proud, team!" both Caroline and I said while being on the verge of tearing up.

"Three, two, one. Rebels!" the whole team shouted as they lifted their clenched fists into the sky.

The next few days were hectic. We still had to attend those Japanese classes our parents enrolled us in, and I also hung out with Noah, Nathan and Stephen for as long as I could. Not to mention, we also had to pack literally the whole of our rooms. A few of the larger items were already transported there, though. In addition, we had practice with the team, and did our best, making our last few memories together. I knew I was going to miss this team. 

And, the day finally came. The day of our departure. The day that Caroline and I dreaded. Much to our surprise, our coach, Noah, Nathan, Stephen and a few of our other team mates came to the airport to say their goodbyes. Took a few few photos and selfies, hugged one another tightly, said our goodbyes, and I went up to Noah.

"Noah, I... I have a cru-" I stuttered but announcement interrupted what I was going to say.

"Crystal, you were saying?" Noah asked, one eyebrow up and the other down, obviously not knowing what in the world 

"It's nothing. I'm going to board the plane now! Bye!" I forced a smile and pretended nothing had happen. I was shocked and thought to myself "Was I really just going to confess to Noah in front of everyone? What was I thinking? It was a good thing the announcement stopped me."

"Remember to call us when you reach Seidou! And also, if anyone bullies you, remember that we will have your back. Ah, yes. We made this video tape for you guys. All our games, fun times  and memories are all in there. Go watch it when you're free or miss us alright? We would also like to give you your jerseys as a team! Have a safe flight to Japan." Noah reminded us. Noah then handed me my number 17 baseball jersey while Nathan handed Caroline her number 14 jersey.

Both sides waved goodbye at each other.

In a blink of an eye and shedding enough tears to fill the pacific ocean, we were on the plane, preparing to sit for a good 14 hours from New York to Japan.

Japan, here I come!