eight

Miyuki's POV

Woah! Her form is literally perfect. The way she releases the ball is also making it difficult for the batter to know where the ball is going, throwing the batter off timing. Not only that, but her pitch also has speed and power. No wonder Tetsuya-senpai couldn't hit her ball successfully earlier. It would take a lot of skill and luck to hit her pitches, and definitely more skill to throw a pitch like that. Where in the world did she learn those from?

Wham!

"Furuya, throw me a fastball," I said to the pitcher I was catching for. I wanted to compare Crystal-san's and Furuya's fastball and see how Furuya can improve.

Back to Crystal's POV

"Ow!" I shrieked as I bent down, touching my ankle.

It was an old injury from a game I played. Caroline noticed my actions and rushed over to me. Chris and four eyes also saw what I was doing and came over, bringing along Sawamura-san and Furuya-san. 

I hated being the centre of attention. It was always very nerve-wracking knowing that everyone was watching whatever you were doing.

"It's alright, it's just an old injury from a game. I'm fine."

"I'll go get the tape and tape it up for you," Caroline said as she ran off.

"Wait a moment, I'll be right back." four eyes said.

With me repeating that I could deal with the pain and everything was fine, Chris and Sawamura-san went back to pitching and catching while Furuya-san waited for his catcher to come back from doing god knows what.

"Crystal, I'm here. Let me help you bandage up your ankle." Caroline said as she walked in with sports tape.

She finished wrapping my twisted ankle when four eyes came in with a pack of ice.

"I got some ice to ice your leg... here you goo." he said while blushing, with one hand touching his neck, and head turned to the side.

I giggled a little,  but that did not mean that I was going to forgive him for making that sexist remark. I just found it funny how he could be so... (inserts some word cuz idk what word to use)

When I felt the pain going away and was able to stand up, I left with Caroline to our dorms.

Caroline showered first as I used my phone to pass time. Soon, she was done and it was my turn. When I finished drying my hair, I found her half-asleep on the bed below mine. She said something that I could only make out as "Tell mom I said hi. I'm going back to...zzz" 

I took out my phone and went outside, not wanting to disrupt Caroline's beauty rest. I dialled mom's phone number and she picked it up.

"Hey mom! We just met the guys from the club earlier and trained a little. Caroline said hi before falling asleep. I just showered. How are you?"

"Hello, honey. I miss you so much. We are adapting well to the new environment. Hey, wake up sleepy head! Your daughter is on the phone!

I could feel mom actually shaking my sleeping dad even without seeing them. 

"I miss you too, mom. It's alright it is already 11pm. Don't wake dad up or he would be groggy."

I hung up the phone with mom and dialled Noah's number.

"Hello? It is a Sunday and you woke me up at 10 in the morning, you know? This call better be important or I am hanging up."

"Noah, it's Crystal. Is sleep really more important than your best friend? Fine then, I'm hanging up. Sweet dreams, princess!"

"No, no! I was wrong! Wait, Crystal, no. Don't hang up. How are you in Japan? Did anyone bully you?"

"There are a few guys that commented on us but we had a mini-game with them and shut them up so I think all is well now. There is also this four eyes pitcher that did not believe I was capable enough. He is the catcher for Seidou... Miyuki Kazuya I think..."

"Let me know if I ever see him. He is going to regret he ever said that! And why are you calling him four eyes? Don't you wear glasses too?"

"Oh, right. It is July 31st today and we have another month of summer vacation until school starts here. The coach here also agreed to have an away game during this break! I can't wait to see you!"

After a few more sentences, I hung up. I giggled at how foolish weird Noah could be. Sigh, I missed him so much.

"Did I hear someone calling my name earlier?" a voice came from behind me. 

I turned around and saw the catcher with a huge ego.

"No one said your name. Don't praise yourself." I fired back.

"Ouch, that hurts, Crystal-san. Was that your boyfriend? Was he jealous that you met someone cute like me?" he said with that stupid smile plastered on his face and winking.

"Who is cute, you four eyes-" oh shoot that slipped out of my mouth.

"Who are you calling four eyes, you four eyes?"

Ah, I forgot I took out my contacts and wore my glasses. Dang.

"Whatever, anyways that wasn't my boyfriend. He's my teammate and battery mate." I said, irritated.

"Number 1, you can call me Miyuki-san, not four eyes. Number 2, shouldn't he be your ex-teammate? You are going back to New York after high school, right? And I can't promise that you won't find a better catcher here."

"I'm going back to New York and continue forming a battery with him. He is was better than you, and always will be, so I will never find a better catcher."

"Well, then I'm going to change your mind because I am Japan's number one catcher."

"And I don't care who you are."

"Ouch, words can hurt someone."

That sentence was then accompanied by a few seconds of awkward silence until he said something.

He looked up and down, eyeing what I was wearing. A sleeveless Tee with a pair of short shorts. 

"I don't think you should wear these kinds of outfit here. Especially with many guys around you."

I looked embarrassed for a second and just replied, "I...I'm going to bed."

He once again plastered that stupid smile of his on his face and said, "Goodnight, Crystal-san!"

"Night, four eyes. I mean, Miyuki-san." I said cheekily. He just rolled his eyes waking and walked off.

It was a very tiring day and I just let myself fall onto the bed, not giving a care about anything and fell into a deep sleep.