twenty one

"Go Crystal-san! Don't give up! I believe in you!" the girl continued.

"Hah! Your sister actually came, Ono!" I heard someone from the dugout say.

Ono has a sister? I mean, I don't expect me to know because I just got hear but... he has a sister? I totally didn't expect it but was really grateful for the amount of encouragement she gave me.

By now, many people were booing me and telling me to get off the diamond. However, the coach did not take any actions. Caroline was about to throw hands but I controlled just in time.

"I am and will pick myself up. Nothing is going to stop me."

"Next batter, batting left, Zaizen from Kokudoukan."

Zaizen... why does he sound so familiar? Whatever it is, I'm still going to pitch my best to him. No doubt am I giving up.

"Chris! Hello again." the batter said.

Wait a minute. I remember him now...

~flashback~

What is that blonde dude doing? Is he replacing Chris' shoe with his own? What for?

"Hey, what are you doing?" I walked up to him, suspicious of his act.

He quickly turned around and tried to hide the pairs of shoes.

I was getting even more suspicious of his act. I tried to turn my body to look behind him but his reflexes were fast enough to turn his body to the other way so that I would not
be able to see it.

"What were you doing?" I repeated and looked at him with my eyes looking through his soul.

He probably felt a wave of shock up his spine as he tended up and straightened his back even more.

"N...nothing! Don't worry about it." He stuttered.

"You are honestly terrible at lying. I can figure you out dude." I said, really pissed and impatient as I waited for him to give me an explanation.

"Ah, here you guys are. Crystal, practice is starting. You can stay if you want to, Zaizen." Chris came in and talked to me, before turning to that blonde guy.

I gave him a side eye, just to see that he was smirking. He was definitely planning something out. I had a gut feeling that it was bad.

"Oi, wipe that smirk off your face or I'll help you do so." I glared at him.

Zaizen just smiled with a sweat drop.

"Come on, babe. Let's go or we're going to be late alright? Zaizen, are you staying?" Chris turned to Zaizen who wiped his smile immediately.

"Of course! Wouldn't miss watching my rival play."

With that, Chris took my hand and walked me out of the room we were in.

"Why are you so nice to him? He's definitely up to something fishy. I saw him- " I was cut off by the sudden squeeze of my hand.

I look down and saw his big hands stroking my thumb, reassuringly. I looked up and saw him nodding.

"I know. I saw too. Don't worry, I'll take care of myself." He looked back and smiled warmly, his brown eyes gazing into mine. I returned him with a tight smile.

~practice~

"Bam!"

"Chris! Are you okay?" I heard a voice shrieked.