Chapter 35: The Elven King

(3rd Person POV)

Legolas pulled again on her arm, practically dragging her up the stair as they moved. Arulla only obeyed slightly but her face was full of shock and fear. If they figure out who she is, Thorin would be at his weakest point. And even if they don't, he would not have anyone lay harm to her.

Thorin would have no choice, and that's what Legolas is hoping for, a weakness to the leader of the dwarves.

(Arulla's POV)

"Some may imagine a great quest is it at hand." I hear ahead of me, we're getting close. "A quest to reclaim a homeland, and slay a dragon. I myself would've expected more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary, or something of that ilk."

"Oh no." Legolas tugged one last time and I stumbled forward and onto the high platform and glanced at the tall blind man standing stuff in front of me. The ElvenKing.

"What is this?" The ElvenKing sneered. Legolas smirked and pushed me forward a little more with his foot, "This I believe would be your leverage towards the Dwarf King"

Thranduil's eyes rose gradually but then he smiled that smug smile. "Come here dwarfling." I lifted my head off the floor and finally gazed around the space in front of me. Thorin was as stiff as a board, his anger barely contained but still his face was blank. Only his eyes showed emotion. I looked straight at him and slowly shook my head, trying to make him understand.

I slowly stand and make my way over to the Elf King and bow clumsily. "Yes my lord?" "Turn around." I did so and was staring straight into Thorin. Thranduil began to circle around me "On what terms are you on with this dwarf?" Thranduil asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "He's only the leader of my company. He found me in Hobbiton searching for a strong female to join his little camp outing." Thorin's eyes lit up then with understanding and he unnoticeably, unless your me or the company, nodded his head slightly. I smiled in joy, but Thranduil thought I was smiling at memory.

"And what was the purpose of this 'outing'?" I shrugged again, "I do not know. He's a very secretive dwarf." Thranduil growled behind me now and quickly whipped out a small dagger and held it to my neck. Thorin surged forward but the guards quickly held him back, although it was quite a feat.

"Ah. So she does mean something to you." Thranduil purred in pleasure, "A bed warmer perhaps? Female dwarrows are hard to come by." I growled low and deep in my throat, "He is the most honorable person I've ever met in my entire life and I could never disrespect him or dishonor him in any way. So watch or tongue or I'll cut it out."

Thorin smirked proudly for a small second and I returned it the same way. Unfortunately Thranduil saw it. He then made a close inspection of my face and looked over to Thorin and then back to me, realization then splitting his face in two. Thorin paled, while my eyes sunk in horror. "Ah. Now I see. The famous Gem of the Prince Under the Mountain." Thranduil turned to Thorin for a moment, "I remember telling you how beautiful your daughter was all those years ago, now she is quite stunning." Thorin growled a feral roar, and I was held back into Thranduil's arms "Don't. You dare. Touch her!"

Thranduil smirked, " Ah I've seemed to have found my leverage. Tell me what you plan to do and I'll let her go."

I shook my head frantically, "Adad." His gaze locked on me "Don't." Thorin had small, and no one will ever admit this happened, tears forming at the base of his eyes.

Slowly finding his voice Thorin stood up with a small amount of pride, "Lead her to my dungeon, which I know is where you will put me soon, and keep her there. Then I will tell you."

"No! Don't tell him anything!" I screamed but Thorin would not look at me. Thranduil smiled and shoved me towards the guards as they hauled me down the steps and towards the dungeons.

The dungeon they let me to was dark and dank, and was far and secluded from the other dungeon cells. I paced back and forth for countless hours it seemed, waiting for something, anything that would signify Thorin's coming. But I heard nothing, so I laid down on the stiff cot and restlessly drifted off to sleep.

(Thorin's POV)

As Arulla was drug down the steps I could finally look at the Elf King. I glowered deeply but said nothing, I only waited for him to begin speaking. He was walking around me in a circle when he did speak.

"You have found a way in." He said, astonished. My mouth parted slightly as I looked at him in shock at how he figured out my reasonings for coming this way. "You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The King's Jewel. The Arkenstone." My mouth parted only more. "It is precious to you beyond measure, I understand that." 'No you don't!' My mind screamed, but I bit my tongue harder. "There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help Thorin Oakenshield."

I smirked as I shook my head slightly, 'Very well I'll play your game.' I thought ruefully. "I'm listening."

"I will let you go. If you but return what is mine."

'Ah. Now I see.' I turn my back to him and look out into the cavernous halls before me as I spoke again, "A favor for a favor?" "You have my word, one King to another." Thranduil said.

I stopped my slight wanderings and my smirk fell, "I would not trust Thranduil, the Great King, to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us!" I growled lowly as I spun around quickly and pointed a finger at his 'Royal Majesty' "You! Who lack all honor!

Thranduil's eyes rose up slightly as I continued my rant, stepping closer as I spoke. "I have seen how you treat your friends! We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help. But you turned your back! You, turned away from the suffering of my people. And the inferno that destroyed us!!" I took a deep, but quick breath and stared straight into the prissy elf's eyes,

"Imrid amrad ursul!"(Die a death in flames)"

Thranduil rushed to my side. His face now only inches from mine. "Do not talk to me of dragon fire! I know it's wrath and ruin." And he leaned back only to show his grievous injuries that marred his face, "I have faced the great serpents of the north! I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he did not listen."

(3rd person POV)

Thranduil's face sneered as he looked down at Thorin again, the guards came a little closer to the dwarf king's side "You are just like him." Thranduil growled and waved his hand above his head and the guards began to drag Thorin backwards and down the steps. Thorin only growled lowly as Thranduil spat out his last threat, "A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I'm patient. I can wait." And with that Thorin was dragged harshly down the steps and shoved into his cell where Arulla had been pacing back and forth.

Arulla rushed forward and embraced him tightly as he comforted her, "Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asked from the cell beside him. "He did." Thorin growled, "I told him he could go Ish kakhfê ai'd dur rugnu! (I spit upon your grave!)Him and all his kin!!!" Arulla chuckled into Thorin's chest and a small smile crept to the corners of Thorin's mouth.

Balin sighed, "Well that's that then.a deal was our only hope. " Thorin shook his head and he looked out of the iron bars and whispered, "Not our only hope."

<<--~-->>

Thanks for all the lovely comments and votes and I hope all of you are at least somewhat pleased with this story so far. Thanks for everything guys and I'll see in the next chapter.

-TC110

Please vote. Comment. Share. It really makes my day :)

P.s. For those of you who love Legolas... This is the last chapter where he's a total a** I promise.