Chapter 17: Roast Mutton

(Arulla's P.O.V)

All four of us began to search around for the missing ponies. "They couldn't have gone far!" I shout. But Fílí's voice makes me spark with hope.

"Over here!" I hear him shout. I was hoping that he had found the ponies. I was wrong. There was a large oak tree that had been uprooted and pulled out. "That's not good!" Bilbo whimpers, "That's not good at all. Shouldn't we tell Thorin?" "No!" Fílí and I scream. We had already lost two ponies, that was disappointing enough to tell Thorin.

I flickered to a small light a few miles away. "Boys, look." They looked up and followed my finger. "There's a light." Fílí mumbled. I rolled my eyes at Fílí and began to move towards it. The others followed close behind.

"I'm going up into the trees to get a better look." I mumbled to Fílí. He nodded. I jumped into a tree and sure enough I could see everythjng. Two trolls were sitting by a fire pit stirring a pot with the two ponies fenced in. The ground shook beneath me.

I looked up and saw another troll holding two more ponies. Myrtle and Minty. "Oh-no" I whispered quietly. I kept my watch on them until they began to converse amongst themselves. I jumped down by Fílí and Kílí, but I didn't see Bilbo.

"Where's Bilbo?" I whispered. Fílí flicked his head towards the trolls. My cheeks flared red with anger, "You let him go out there alone!" "He'll be fine." Kílí said. I scowled. "Alright, you two keep an eye out for him I'm going to get the rest of the company." They both nodded and silently made there way towards Bilbo, but keeping way out of sight.

I ran to the company as fast as I could when I heard Bilbo squeal. When I emerged out of the forest everyone looked at me with shock and surprise. I was breathing hard. Thorin came over to me and rested a hand to my shoulder waiting anxiously for me to tell him what's wrong.

"Three trolls..... stole ponies..... Bilbo got trapped.... and Fílí and Kílí are with him." I breathed out. Thorin's eyes grew dark, "Grab your weapons! Lets go!" I was running towards the forest but a hand pulled me back and knocked me on the ground,

"You will stay here!" Thorin bellowed. I stood up again and he glared at me with angry eyes, "That's an order!" I slunk to the ground again and he left. When I was sure he had gone, I jumped into the trees and began swinging towards the fiery pit.

My bow was drawn and I released an arrow at the troll who almost grabbed Thorin. The troll yelped in pain and stumbled back. Thorin turned around to see the troll fall and his eyes locked on the arrow produced from the trolls hand.

I jumped from the trees and fired another arrow at a different troll, and this time the troll saw me. He grabbed my waist and pulled me up. I took an arrow from my quiver and stabbed it into the slimy hand and the troll threw me against the tree.

I screamed in pain but slowly try to stand up. My eyes fuzzy and my vision was blurred. It only took me a moment to realize that someone was standing over me. "I thought I told you go stay behind!" He growled. I smirked,

"I'm a descendant of Durin the Deathless. Stubbornness runs in my veins." Thorin looked at me curiously, "How are you-" He was interrupted by me drawing another arrow and firing it upon the troll. "Another time Thorin!" He helped me up and made sure I regained balance.

I ran back into the fight, but it didn't last long. Bilbo got captured, again. "Stop fighting!!!!" I shout. Everyone stops and looks at me, then to Bilbo.

"Bilbo!" Kílí screams.

"Don't!" Thorin bellowed, holding Kílí back.

"Lay down your arms! Or we'll rip his off!" The troll snapped. I looked over at Thorin and said in my head, "Please don't be foolish. Please don't be foolish. Please don't be foolish." Thorin sank his sword down in the grown and growled in frustration. Everyone did the same.

Before the trolls bagged me up though, one of them caught sight of my necklace.

"Look 'ere lads. We get some new jewels!" They grimaced. "Don't touch me!" I spat. "They were a gift from my father please!" I pleaded but it was no use they took my jewels and flung them next to Thorin, but he was already sacked.

I laid right on top of him, cradling my head in his chest. He laid his chin on my head, trying to give me comfort.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it." I whispered quietly Thorin sighed, "I forgive you Arenell." I smile and look up at him and then at the approaching troll. "What about the female? I heard girls are much sweeter." I growled at the troll and he smiled menacingly. I snuggled closer to Thorin wanting to stay safe in his comfort. The troll turned away. I smiled slightly and looked up at Thorin,

"Do you remember when I told you you weren't my father?" Thorin nodded. "Well-" The troll was coming back over to me, eyeing me like I was a fresh treat

"Can I eat the girl raw?" The troll asked. I could feel Thorin stiffen. The other trolls chuckled, "Sure Bill."I spat at the troll and he growled, I reached my legs further and I kicked him. Hard. He growled fiercely and snatched me up being anything but gentle. Thorin began to struggle but when I screamed something unexpected, he froze.

"Adad!!!!!!!!!" I screeched.

I now had the attention of everyone here. All of them stunned at what I had just said. Thorin's body was frozen and he couldn't move but his eyes stared blankly into mine.

Bilbo shouted as I was being held above the trolls mouth. "Imrid mamrad ursul urkhas!" I screamed

"You can't eat her!" Bilbo screamed. The trolls stopped and stared at the hobbit. "Huh?" Bill questioned, "What did you say?" Bilbo squirmed up so he could stand and he spoke again, "I said you can't eat her!" "Why not?" Bilbo pondered for awhile, "Because she is a princess."

"Ooo" Another troll said, "What difference does it make?" Bilbo pondered again and then shouted, "She is princess Arulla! Daughter of Thorin, son of Thráin, son of Thrór! A-And...." All voices were silent, all eyes on me, and Thorin's body was still frozen like a stone. "And what?" Bill asked. Bilbo stuttered, "... And if you eat her, you will be plagued and die! For she had a terrible spell cast upon her that if she dies in an unjust way, the one who dealt her death will surely pay!"

My head began to hurt as all of my blood rushed to it. I began to feel woozy. "Put her down!!" I hear Thorin bellow. The troll then dropped me but I was nowhere near the company. I gasped for breath but I did not move. My eyes were seeing black spots across my vision. I was growing weak and my eyes shut and only black surrounded me. The last thing I hear was Thorin calling my name.

_________________________

Yay!!! He figured it out all by himself!!! Well sort of. And before you ask, she's NOT dead! So calm down :). Thank you guys so much for reading my story. I hope you like it!! The next chapter is going to be fun *laughs evilly*

Imrid mamrad ursul urkhas!- Die a death in flames dæmon!

Please like comment share vote!

Le hannon!

Namarië!

-TC110