Chapter 23: Misty Mountians

(Thorin's POV)

Thorin! Thorin!" I hear Gandalf scream in my head. I wake up with a jolt and I hear him speak again, "You must leave now! Gather everyone together and head to the Misty Mountians. I will join you later! Go!"

I scrambled to my feet and began to dress very quickly. I come to the burnt out firepit where the rest of the dwarves were and begin to kick them awake. I kicked Fílí first, which woke up Arulla as well.

"On your feet. We need to move now!" I bellowed.

"What's the matter?" Arulla asked me, she was already on her feet and gathering her things. She glanced up at me, worry filling her eyes, "Father? What's wrong." I turned my head and I looked into her pale blue eyes, I sighed,

"Nothing. Just gather your things we are leaving now!" She nodded and ran to her chambers to grab the rest of her belongings. I watched her run up the stairs and across the hall and out of my sight.

(Arulla's POV)

I was running as fast as I could. I ran into my room and grabbed my red velvet cloak my riding dress and began to change. Once I was done with that I grabbed my sword, bow, dagger, and quiver. I pulled my hair up into a bunn and carefully placed my Dwarven tiara into my pack knowing that one day I would need it. I clasped my necklace and grabbed my pack and ran to Arwen's room.

I opened the door quietly and shook her awake. When she opened her eyes she didn't even have to say anything to know why I was here. She began to sniffle and I placed her head on my chest as she began to cry.

"Promise me you'll come back." I hear her say between sobs. I inhale sharply and nod. I kiss her head and begin to peel her off my chest.

"I must go now." I whispered quietly. She nodded sadly and I smile at her and before I leave her room I stop and look back at her,

"You will always be my little sister Arwen." She smiles and I close the door quietly behind me and run back to the company. Fílí holds his arms out and I smile and take in his embrace and we walk together side by side. My father not far behind.

I sigh when I look up and notice that we are about to enter the Misty Mountians. I feel Fílí's hand on the small of my back, urging me to keep going. I nod and keep moving. when we are halfway up me, Fílí, Kílí, and Bilbo are at the back of the company. I see Thorin stop and turn around to look at us.

"Be on your guard. We're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on."

"Aye." Balin agreed. Me and Fílí pass Bilbo as I see him turn and glance back at Rivendell. I put a comforting hand on his shoulder and turn back around.

"Master Baggins." I hear Thorin bellow, "I suggest you keep up." I sigh and continue walking by Bilbo. I hear Thorin takeover leading us and then the rain begins as we make our way deeper into the mountains. The trail became more narrow as the rain continued on. I latched onto Dwalin whenever I looked down.

"Arulla! Don't look down!" Dwalin said calmly in my ear. I nodded slightly and kept walking between him and Bilbo .

"Steady. Hold on!" I barely hear Thorin bellow. Before I looked up I see Bilbo almost fall and Dwalin and me grab him and pull him back before the rock beneath him gives way.

"We must find shelter!" Thorin shouted.

"Look out!" Dwalin screamed hoping everyone heard him. They did. Because we all looked up and saw a massive boulder hurtling through the air. And Dwalin grabs my arm and pulls me into an embrace and pushes his body against the mountain, shielding me as best he can.